What Food to Bring when Traveling to Hongkong to Save on Money
Edited by Mian Sheilette Ong, Eng, Christine dela Cruz
Anyone can resort to travel for business or pleasure. Either way, you need to consider the costs. Hong Kong is one of the most touristy places in Asia. People frequent the place mainly for shopping and taking in the sights. If you want to make the most out of your vacation in Hong Kong, you have to figure out ways on how you can stretch that travel budget. One way is to bring affordable or easy-to-make foods with you as you go on your merry way. It is true that there are food courts and restaurants all over Hong Kong that you could just run to when you're hungry but you should at least know what the good choices are-affordable, portable, and delicious. Hong Kong is a place where almost everything can be eaten. With a vast pool of creative choices, you will surely be able to figure out what to bring with you as throughout your trip.
Cheap Alternatives when in Hongkong
- 1You would be able to find quite a good number of bakeshops within train stations that offer products at very affordable prices. These are not only sweets, but you would also find pizza, burgers, and various types of sandwiches. These bakeshops are cheaper compared to going to coffee shops and branded bakeshops. Train stations are usually where students and employees pass by, that's why these bakeshops are spread all over those stations.Bakeshops within train stations.
- 2Cafe de Coral is by far one of the most affordable restaurants in Hongkong that offer full meals for lunch and dinner. Their serving is huge, so it's all worth your money. Cafe de Coral is all over Hongkong, so there's definitely no chance to miss out on them.Cafe de Coral.
- 3Not only are restaurants comparatively more expensive in Hongkong, the price difference also reflects greatly on the drinks. Therefore, bring your own water that you purchase from supermarkets, instead of ordering water from the restaurant. Check, however, if this is allowed in the restaurant that you are in. Some restaurants have very strict policies on this and they would charge you a penalty for bringing and drinking your own beverages inside the restaurant.Water and drinks from supermarkets.
- 4If you eat at restaurants in extremely touristy places like those which are near the Avenue of Stars or near Disneyland, you will definitely expect that prices are extremely high. Therefore, if you dine, look for areas which are relatively local in appearance. Also, choose those locally designed restaurants instead, rather than those modern-designed ones. Not only are they cheaper, you would also be surprised that they offer really authentic Hongkong cuisines.Restaurants in local areas.
Food to Bring When Visiting Hongkong
- 1If you are staying in a hotel, you can easily prepare your noodles by using the kettle usually provided in the room. You can boil eggs at the same time to add to your noodles. There are hotels which will provide you with bowls and plates, but to be safe, bring travel-safe bowls instead so you do not need to look for them when you have to eat.Instant noodles.
- 2This would be very handy to bring, especially if you anticipate that you would be visiting a lot of tourist places through the day. Again, restaurants within and around popular tourist attractions are usually very expensive. Therefore, you don't want to be caught having to spend on them just because you are extremely hungry already and cannot wait to get to a different place to eat.Biscuits.
- 3Candies would be very useful as well to fight hunger as you go around places. It will keep you energized and you would not have to rush to look for a restaurant.Candies.
- 4Hongkong is a huge place to explore and you can easily get engrossed by the amount of places that you would like to see. Having these energy and power bars in your bag will keep you safe from hunger anywhere you go, without having to spend a lot.Energy or power bars.
Categories : Travel & Leisure
Recent edits by: Eng, Mian Sheilette Ong