Visit UK if You Require a VISA

Edited by Timbuktu, Robbi


First of course if you require a VISA then you need to apply for a VISA before you can visit the UK, you must not buy a ticket that has no refund as the application result is not certain. There are different types of Visit VISA; you need to check to which category you belong.

General Visitor VISA

You belong to this category if you want to visit the UK as a tourist, like for example you want to travel and see the attractions of UK.

You also belong to this category if you want to visit your friends in UK.

You can't just right away apply for a VISA even if your purpose is one of those mentioned above, there are requirements needed if you will pass into this category and if you really belong to this category. To visit the UK as a General Visitor you need to meet the following:

  1. 1
    You must be over 18
    Was this step helpful? Yes | No| I need help
  2. 2
    You do not intend to stay in UK longer than 6 months
    Was this step helpful? Yes | No| I need help
  3. 3
    You have enough money to support yourself during your stay or at least someone will support you during your stay in the UK.
    Was this step helpful? Yes | No| I need help
  4. 4
    You have the amount of money to meet the cost of your journey to and from the UK
    Was this step helpful? Yes | No| I need help

For your Tourist VISA to be approved you need to show that you don't have any intention of staying in the UK longer than 6 months. You also have to prove and or show that you will not take any kind of employment during your visit in UK or even try to make some business like sell any goods.

Basically for General Visitor for you to get approved is that you will be able to show that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay here.

During your application the major documents that you need to submit are:

  • Information about yourself such as your birth certificate, marriage certificate, or any school transcript
  • Your finances, for this you need to show them your bank statement this is for them to verify that you have enough funds or the bank statement of the person that will sponsor your visit.
  • Your employment, for this you need to provide a certificate of employment, your pay slips, if you are employed this will help you more as in this proof, you can truly show to them that you do not have any intention of staying in UK aside from just visiting and travelling as you have a work to go back to.
  • It is also important that you will be able to show your accommodation, where you will stay in UK and your travel details, if you have your itinerary then it is also most likely that you will get approved as there will be the end of your travel or stay.
  • And of course you need to fill the application form and make sure that you do not tell lies, you have to be honest to all the questions asked lying will just get you into trouble and if you are caught that you have inputted incorrect or false information in your application you're not only not going to get disapproved but you will also be banned for applying for 10 years in UK.

Child Visitor

This applies for those who are under 18. The requirements for this is almost just the same as the General Visitor the difference is that in this category you are under 18 and you need to have a letter of consent from your guardian that you are permitted to visit the UK this is if your guardian is not travelling with you.

Additional requirements if you are not travelling with your guardian, provide all the necessary details, like contacts and information about your guardian.

The most important thing is the letter of consent, this must have the signature and verification to prove that it is your guardians letter.

Family Visitor

If you have a family in UK and you want to visit them, then this is the category for you, the type of application that you need to visit the UK.

You qualify here if you are a spouse, civil partner, father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister, grandfather, grandmother, grandson or granddaughter, so basically a family member of someone that is living in UK. The requirements are also the same, but you fall to this category if you are a family member and you intend to visit a family.

Business Visitor

You fall to this category if you want to visit the UK for a business trip, like for example those actors and actresses that come over for their tour or concert or for a film location.

Or if you are a business person and you have any business trip or agenda to a certain company. With this you need to provide more detailed information, like the nature of your business and the documents of your business.

Student Visitor

You will fall under this category if you intend to go to the UK as a student. For you to be able to go to the UK as a student you need to have a document proving that you have been accepted by one of the universities, college of school that is accredited by the Accreditation Body.

Also for a student visa you need to be 18 and above. The other requirements are also the same as the previous requirements that was mentioned above in the General Visitor.

To Apply

  • First you must check which category you belong so you can fill up the right form
  • Then download the form from the UKBA
  • Fill up the form and make sure in the form that all your statement is true
  • Make sure that you check the address where is the VISA application centre in your country
  • You should also check how long is the process and how are they going to return your documents.
  • As long as you meet all the requirements, then you will not have any problems and you can travel and visit UK and see the places that you want to visit.

If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.


Article Info

Categories : United Kingdom

Recent edits by: Timbuktu

Share this Article:

Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 853 times.