Utilize Banana As Home Remedies
Edited by Nerissa Avisado, Lynn, Jonathan, Eng and 3 others
Are you a fan of bananas? Some people have their reasons why they do or do not eat bananas. Bananas are a filling and delicious tropical fruit. They also offer nutritive elements that are great for the body.
A banana is well packaged by nature. It has a solid, rich and creamy flesh that is gift-wrapped inside a firm inedible peel. The banana plant can reach anywhere from 10 to 26 feet in height. It is known to be a part of the Musaceae family. The fruit grows in clusters of 50-150 bananas, with individual fruits grouped in bundles, known as "hands," - usually 10 to 25 bananas.
Banana Nutritional Facts
Do you know that eating a banana is not only delicious, but is actually an excellent source of food nutrients such as vitamin C, vitamin B6, manganese, dietary fiber, and potassium?
- 1Vitamin C:
- 2Vitamin B6:
- 4Dietary Fiber:
- Consuming banana every day aids in preventing muscle cramps.
- Potassium is also important for boosting bone health. It ensures optimal growth of muscle tissues and utilization of energy released during metabolism.
Home Remedies Using Banana
Banana is best eaten raw and makes a flavorful ingredient for smoothies. Stocking up on bananas helps you take advantage of its many health rewards and useful benefits. How can bananas be used as home remedies?
Home remedies are home treatments that treat diseases or ailments. Healthy alternatives to conventional medicines can be found in fruits, vegetables, herbs and other foods. In this case, we can utilize the banana for different home remedies. There are a lot of useful effects that the banana can have on your health, and some of these are the following:
- 2Bananas are an excellent agent to moisturize and leave the skin feeling smooth with the help of its essential nutrients and minerals.Skin Care.
- 1-2 pieces of banana
- In a bowl, mash the banana and honey together, making sure to thoroughly combine the key ingredients to make a perfect mask.
- After mashing and blending, apply the banana-honey mask mixture to your face.
- Do not apply mask near the eye areas. Wearing an eye patch or use a slice of cucumber to help protect the eyes.
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes and cleanse it with warm water, followed by cold water.
- You will feel your skin become smoother and moisturized.
- 3Constipation happens when bowel movements become less frequent or hard to eliminate. If not treated, constipation can lead to serious health conditions such as hemorrhoids, fecal impaction, lazy bowel syndrome, rectal prolapse and poisoning.Constipation.
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 ripe banana
- Mash or finely cut up the banana using the blender.
- Add milk and honey.
- Blend again and serve.
- 4Known to be rich in potassium, banana can also strengthen hair, minimize hair breakage and initiate repair for damaged hair. In addition, banana contains 75 percent water and natural oils, allowing hair to be moisturized.Hair Conditioner:
- Things you will need:
- A ripe banana
- Coconut oil
- Coconut milk
- In a blender, cut the banana into small pieces.
- Pour in 2 tsps. of coconut milk.
- Add 1 tsp. of coconut oil (for individuals who are prone to frizzy dry hair - add another spoonful of coconut oil).
- Add 2 tsps. honey.
- Blend the ingredients for about 45-60 seconds or until there are no large chunks left. The texture must be smooth.
- You can now apply the mixture, but before doing so, slightly dampen your hair.
- Apply the mixture and gently massage into your hair thoroughly.
- Cover your hair with a shower or plastic hair cap.
- Leave it on for at least 25-30 minutes.
- Rinse and shampoo your hair.
- Use this home remedy once a week.
- Things you will need:
What About the Banana Peel?
Finding new ways to use trash and stuff doomed to the landfill can't come at a better time. When the entire planet is clamouring for climate change to slow down, the effects cannot be completely reversed anymore. However, simple things like finding new uses for garbage are indeed welcome. You don't have to look far; you generate lots of waste right there in the kitchen. If the banana peel seems like garbage, without further use, think again.
Banana peels can be reused in so many ingenious ways. So before you treat them like garbage, add them to your compost pit and start working on bringing back all those organic compounds back to the earth, or try one of these fantastic ideas:
Home Remedies Utilizing Banana Peel
- 2Wart Remover.
- Prepare fresh banana peeled and cut it into small squares, set it aside.
- Wash the affected portion with your regular bath soap and warm water.
- Soak the wart in the warm water for about 5-10 minutes, as this softens the wart.
- Let it dry with a clean towel.
- Rub the banana peel onto the warts and secure the inner side of the banana peel with adhesive plaster/bandage. Leave it for about 8 hours, or even better, overnight.
- After 8 hours, remove the plaster/bandage and wash it with clean soap and water.
- Let it dry, then apply a normal bandage to the wart and avoid it getting wet.
- When parts of wart turn brown or black in color, remove it with nail trimmers to expose the undamaged wart.
- With the clear part of the wart exposed, repeat the process.
Tips, Tricks and Warnings
- Best results are not achieved overnight. You must have patience to achieve the results you are aiming for.
- Although it is rare, check to see if you are allergic to the banana. If you already know you are, don't use them on your skin, as there is something your body finds repulsive about them.
- Home remedies are a great alternative to ease certain conditions, but consulting your physician is absolutely recommended.
- There are many instances that we hear that people just suddenly collapse. When their diagnosis comes in, their physician says that they lack potassium. Potassium is found in spades in bananas, so if you feel that you are unstable and about to collapse, it is easy to imagine you probably lack potassium, and eating bananas is the best answer.
Categories : Holistic Nutrition
Recent edits by: Maria Quinney, Insfoxx, Eng