Use the Touchscreen and the Finger Gestures of Samsung Galaxy S4
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Charmed, Jonathan, Lynn and 8 others
Aside from the Home button, Back button and Menu button, Samsung Galaxy S4's front screen does not have any more other keys on it. To be able to use your phone, you need to use the touchscreen both as an input and output device. The touch screen sends and shows the graphic user interface of your phone and at the same time receives any input and respond appropriately to it. To be able to effectively use your touchscreen, you need to know the gestures that it normally recognizes. You'll be surprised to know what your phone is capable of aside from the tapping gestures.
Know the Categories of Gestures
Basically, there are four categories of gestures. They will be enumerated here and will be given a short descriptions. Further down this article will be detailed description of each gesture category.
- 1Finger Gestures - Inputs recognized by device using your fingers.
- 2Control Motions - Inputs recognized by device through motion sensors
- 3Palm Motions - Inputs recognized by device using your palm through the proximity sensor.
- 4Air Gesture - Inputs recognized by device using air gestures through the proximity sensor.
This is the most common gesture. Eighty to ninety percent of the gestures you will normally be using will be finger gesture. Know and make use of these finger gestures:
- 2After tapping and holding for two seconds and no option will show, it means that there is no other option available for that specific icon / location in the touch screen. The gesture is done by tapping on the screen and holding your finger on it for at least two seconds.Tapping and Holding - This gesture is used to show the options available for the portion of the touchscreen.
- 5This can zoom in a certain area based on your desired size (Spread). This can also zoom out a zoomed in item (Pinch). To do a Spread, tap the screen with your two fingers and spread them to zoom in an item. To do a pinch, tap the screen with your two fingers and pinch them to zoom out an item.Pinch and Spread - This gestures has a, somewhat, similar function with double tapping.Image temporarily unavailable
- 6This is also used to move from one screen to another screen which can be applied on the Home screen and Application screen. To do a tapping gesture and quickly do a flicking to your desired location: bottom, top, left and right.Flicking - This gesture is used to scroll up or down through a webpage or a list such folders and contacts.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
Recent edits by: VisiHow, Doug Collins, pioneer1