Use cinnamon as a pain reliever
Edited by Christine dela Cruz, Joely, Alma
Cinnamon has been well known as a flavor-enhancer to many foods, particularly pastries and many other types of desserts. In terms of flexibility, cinnamon may be added to various types of food, not only sweets. Even Mexican food which is known to be usually spicy actually is complemented well by cinnamon. What's even better with this is aside from the enjoyable flavor that it adds to dishes, cinnamon helps cure or relieve a lot of illnesses as well. Cinnamon has been a popular pain reliever to ancient practices, tracing back to China, Sri Lanka, and Egypt in particular.
Cinnamon can alleviate pain mainly because of its anti-inflammatory properties. Its component cinnamaldehyde acts as a regulator for the platelets' clumping activities. It prevents unnecessary clotting that leads to sore muscles and joints and pains all over the body. A small intake of cinnamon would then help a lot in alleviating minor aches and pains, even headaches because of better blood circulation.
Here are steps on how to take advantage of this amazing power of cinnamon in relieving pain:
- 1This scent alone can help alleviate pain because of the relaxing aroma that it brings. Cinnamon in powder form usually has a stronger scent compared to cinnamon sticks.Indulge in the sweet smell of cinnamon.
- 2This will pamper your senses and the cinnamon would act immediately to deal with inflammations.Take sips of hot drinks with cinnamon.
- 3Cinnamon itself soothes the nasal passages and sinuses, which consequently leads to decongestion and alleviation of related headache.Headaches, especially those associated with colds and flu, are easily remedied with a spoonful of cinnamon combined with food or drinks.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Do not rely on cinnamon alone if you know for a fact that you are experiencing pain because of a medical condition.
- If you are taking medications, it is best to consult your doctor to check whether these medications would contraindicate with the consumption of cinnamon. Although there are not too much risk in terms of this because cinnamon is organic and just equivalent to food, it is still better to check with the doctor to ensure that there are will be no adverse reactions.
- Persistent pain that does not get relieved with the intake of cinnamon should immediately be taken to a doctor for further diagnosis. Never self-medicate.
- Patients with hormonal imbalance related headaches and body pains should be more cautious. There may be other forms of treatment required to alleviate pain, aside from taking cinnamon only.
Categories : Cinnamon usage and benefits
Recent edits by: Joely, Christine dela Cruz