Use Smart Pause on Samsung Galaxy S4
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Rich, Eng, Lynn and 4 others
- 1 This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S4. You can visit the main VisiHow on how to USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 for a full list of S4 VisiHow Articles
- 2 Turning On Samsung Smart Pause
- 3 Turning off Samsung Smart Pause
- 4 To Use Smart View
- 5 Troubleshooting
- 6 Any other reasons smart pause might not work?
- 7 Tips Tricks & Warnings
- 8 Questions and Answers
- 9 Comments
This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S4. You can visit the main VisiHow on how to USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 for a full list of S4 VisiHow Articles
Wouldn't it be cool if your smart phone could know that your eyes are fixed on it while currently watching your favorite movie, and automatically pause it if it detects that your focus has shifted? Normally, you would do a manual pause or maybe a rewind on the part that you missed. Samsung Galaxy S4 has a feature called Samsung Smart Pause that practically does that. It automatically pauses the video you are watching and automatically resumes the playback when you look back at the screen. To use this function, follow the directions below.
Turning On Samsung Smart Pause
- 1Go to your home menu.
- 2Tap on the "Apps" icon.
- 3In the applications folder, tap on "Settings" (gear icon)
- 4In "Settings" tap on "My Device"
- 5Under ""My Device" tap on "Smart Screen"
- 6Turn on the Smart Screen feature by ticking on the "Smart Pause" option.
Turning off Samsung Smart Pause
- 1Open the Home Menu
- 2Select settings
- 3Tap the My Device tab
- 4Scroll down to Input and control settings
- 5Expand the Smart Screen options
- 6Tap the Smart Pause checkbox to turn off the feature.
To Use Smart View
- While playing the video, simply look away from the screen.
- The sensor should detect it and it will automatically pause video playback.
- Look at the screen again.
- The sensor should detect it and it will automatically resume video playback.
If Smart Pause is not working for you, try these troubleshooting tips:
- 1Some phone glitches and bugs gets fixed after a simple reboot.Reboot your device.
- 2Make sure that you have turned on Smart Pause, you may have turned it off.
Any other reasons smart pause might not work?
If Smart Pause is still not working for you:
- 1Make sure that the gesture sensor is not obstructed by dirt and other impurities.
- 2Scratches on the screen protector right in front of the gesture sensor may cause the sensor not to function properly, change your screen protector or remove it if there are scratches on the said area.
- 3Smart Pause works by detecting your eyes, if there is not enough light supply, Smart Pause may not work effectively.
- 4When your phone rings, put your hand over that sensor, it should turn the screen off automatically. If it does not turn off, there is a problem with your sensor. A reset may fix it. Make sure that proper back up is observed in order to restore phone data on a later date.Check if there is no problem with the gesture sensor (hardware and software) by calling your phone.
- 5Make use of warranty if available.If the reset does not fix the problem, bring your device to the service center for a checkup.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Make sure that your sensors are free from dust and impurities for it to properly work
- Make sure that Smart Pause is turned on or else it will not work.
- Sufficient lighting is required for your phone's sensor to see your eyes. If you are in a dark environment, Samsung Smart Pause may not work effectively.
- To save battery, when you are not using this feature, turn Samsung Smart Pause off.
Questions and Answers
I apply all the settings on my Galaxy S4 but my smart pause is not working at all?
I just open the settings and tick on the option to turn ON my smart pause but it is not working
Turning on Smart Pause for your Samsung Galaxy S4 is only part of what you need to do. Once it is turned on and activated, you need to choose a video, and then look at the video until you see the green 'eye' icon fill up, which indicates that the phone is now aware of your eyes watching the video. Then, when you look away, it will pause.
Things that can cause this not to work are being in an area that is too bright, or looking away before Smart Pause has fully recognized your eyes on the screen.
Samsung Galaxy S5 need to turn off smart pause can't word it any better?
Need to turn off smart pause in my Samsung Galaxy S5 please . Help please?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4
Recent edits by: Grimm, Dougie, jutts.king