Use Phone Screen Sharing in Samsung SideSync
Edited by Jerry Rivers, Eng, Ephraim, Alma and 12 others
Samsung has done it again with the SideSync. It is a simple way to share screen displays between any Samsung mobile device and any Samsung laptop or desktop computer. With SideSync you are now able to share files and internet sites. Synchronizing the screens is intuitive thanks to Samsung engineering .
If Sidesync is not pre-installed to your Samsung mobile device, you must turn on the USB Debugging using a USB cable. Follow the steps below:
- 1 To turn on the USB Debugging on a Samsung 4.2 or lower version:
- 2 To turn on the USB Debugging on a Samsung 4.2.2 or higher
- 3 Connecting your Android mobile device to your Samsung computer
- 4 Questions and Answers
- 5 Comments
To turn on the USB Debugging on a Samsung 4.2 or lower version:
- 1Go to Settings on your mobile device Menu.
- 2To the right at the top of the screen is an On/Off virtual switch. Move the slider to On. There will be a checkmark pop up if it is turned on.Select Developer Options.
To turn on the USB Debugging on a Samsung 4.2.2 or higher
- 1Go to Settings on your mobile device Menu.
- 2It is located in the upper right area of your screen.Click More Menu.
- 3Click on About Phone
- 4This will activate the Developer Mode.Now, at the Android Build Number on your Samsung mobile device tap seven times.
- 5At Developer Mode select Developer Options.
- 6It will turn on, and a checkmark should pop up to the right of USB Debugging.Tap the USB Debugging.
Installing Sidesync is a snap. It is easy to use for exchanging files by the simple "cut & paste" method. The files will show up on the screen as desired on both your Samsung PC and Android mobile device. You will be able to use either your laptop keyboard or mouse for operations on your Samsung mobile device thanks to SideSync. Some of the new Samsung PCs already have it pre-installed. All you have to do is press a virtual button, and you can install SideSync on your Android mobile device. With this device you can easily exchange any file between your Samsung mobile device and your Samsung ATIV laptop. There are two basic apps with SideSync: Phone Screen Sharing and SideSync. If you have the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, you already have SideSync ready to go.
Connecting your Android mobile device to your Samsung computer
You can pair your Samsung Android mobile device with your Samsung computer hard-wired with a USB cable, or with Wi-Fi. You can choose to use your phone sharing using the PC mouse or keyboard. You can easily switch from either of these modes to the other during connection. There are two versions of the Samsung SideSync. Version One will pair your laptop and mobile unit only with a USB cable. Version two will connect via Wi-Fi and the USB cable. How to install Phone Screen Sharing and SideSync Applications
- 1To install the SideSync app:
- First, you must open the Samsung Apps application on your Android mobile device.
- Now Tap the Search icon. It looks like a magnifying glass. Then type in the word SideSync
- Open the Samsung Apps app on your mobile device.
- Click on the search icon (Magnifying glass) on your device and search for SideSync.
- Just tap Install at the SideSync app. Within a few minutes you will have the SideSync app.
- 2To install the Phone Screen Sharing app:
- Tap the Phone Screen app.
- When you open both the SideSync and Phone Screen applications, there will be easy-to-follow instructions for installation.
- 3With SideSync you can charge your Android mobile device while backing up data
A couple of great features with your SideSync is that you can back up data on your Samsung mobile device to your ATIV Book 9+, or other Samsung PC once connected via the USB cable, while charging the mobile device at the same time. All you have to do is connect with no special applications. With this two-in-one function, you will save time and trouble.
- 1Make your Samsung Mobile Device a dual monitor
- Easily operated with the Mouse
This means your Android mobile device can be a two-way monitor , sharing whatever is on its screen with your PC screen. You can use either your mouse or keyboard on both your PC and Galaxy, Note, or Tab. Just go to SideSync Settings, and then set the location of your Samsung mobile device. Now, move your PC mouse cursor, and it will show up on your connected mobile device. You can still use your PC by simply moving the mouse cursor again. Once you have done this, you can use both devices concurrently.
- 2Easily operated with the keyboard
It is also possible to use your Samsung laptop or desktop keyboard instead of the mobile device. It is a nifty function change, especially if you have large or awkward fingers on your Samsung Galaxy, Note, or Tab. It does make it easier for any long-term writing, such as chatting.
- Sharing clipboard and files is easy
You can share files conveniently by simply dragging and dropping them from either your PC of mobile device once connected with SideSync. There is even clipboard sharing possible via cut-and-paste action. Just do the standard Control+C, then Control+V and you have effectively moved the text as desired.
- Sharing the Android mobile device screen display on your PC monitor is easy
You can enjoy whatever you are looking at on your mobile device on your Samsung computer monitor. Go to Phone Screen Sharing, and the Screen Capturing mode, you can select a screen and save it. You can then easily send any captured photos on your PC, and send them to family and friends at any social network. With the screen sharing feature, you can also control your screen viewing on your Android mobile device from your PC with its virtual screen function. You can change the size of your screen so that you can have other program windows displayed.
- The SideSync pen mode is versatile
In Phone Screen Sharing, with the SideSync pen mode you can write directly on screens on any of the Android devices, and jot notes or circle items that you wish to send to someone on their Samsung laptop wirelessly.
To run SideSync on your PC
- First, click the SideSync icon on your Samsung PC. It will automatically start the SideSync running.
- If you are paired via USB cable, your mobile device is now connected.
- If paired via Wi-Fi, there will be a mobile device scan appear on your PC. Choose yours when it shows up.
- Now select either the Wi-Fi or hardwire connection.
- Connection Notice should display at the top of your PC screen. Your Samsung laptop or PC is now connected with your Samsung mobile device thanks to SideSync. All the convenient applications above should be available.
- Click the Phone Screen Sharing to activate it. The display from your mobile device will now be on your PC screen, too. All Phone Screen Sharing functions are now ready for your use.
- For your mobile device functions to appear on a PC monitor
- 1It is in the top right corner once you are in the SideSync program on your Samsung PC.Go to Settings.
- 2You can use your PC mouse to choose whatever app you want.Select the features you want to use anytime you pair your Samsung laptop and mobile device.
To run SideSync on you Android mobile unit
- To run the SideSync apps on your Android mobile device , click the Menu key, and then click Settings.
- Go to Mouse Button . Now you can easily activate the shortcut for the wheel button, and the right-click button of your PC's mouse. Note that you can change the speed of your cursor, and use the keyboard keys as shortcuts.
For automatic backup of your Samsung PC and charging of your mobile device You can backup your mobile device data while its charging during the SideSync connection. If you have the Galaxy Note 3, reportedly, it is done differently than instructed here.
- If you have a Galaxy Note 3, please consult its manual for instructions on backing up files to your Samsung PC, and for charging.
- You can only backup files if you are hardwired with a USB cable between your PC and Android mobile device.
- Go to Settings of your PC program. Then checkmark where it says Automatically run Auto Backup when a USB is connected. If this automatic backup does not appear, go online and download the latest version of SideSync at the SideSync website. You can back up files of your PC onto your mobile device with Kies from your SideSync app on your Samsung computer.
Backing up your Samsung PC onto your mobile device using Kies
- 1Choose PC -> SmartphoneClick Sending Files.
- 2From your PC mouse click the file/s you wish to send.
- 3Then drop it.Hold the left-click on your mouse, and drag the file/s to your mobile device screen.
- 4Once the mouse cursor shows up on the mobile device screen, just let go of the left-click.
- 5(/storage/sdcard/Download)All files backed up will be saved in this folder:
- Sending files from mobile unit to your PC
- 1Tap the My Files on your mobile device
- 2It is at the top of your screen.Choose a file, then go to the Share Menu.
- 3Tap SideSync
- 4A window will display so that you can choose the desired folder on your PC screen.
- 5The selected file will automatically be saved on your PC.
- Operating with Function Keys can be done using the F1 through F12 keys in SideSync. At Setting, go to the mouse wheel display, then right click.
Tip: The latest ATIV laptops have UHD touch screen and an 11-hour battery life which makes them excellent for connecting to your Android mobile device when not near a power outlet.
Questions and Answers
Send me step by step screen shot?
Please explain your problem in full detail
Please respond in this section about what specifically you would like me to send you a screenshot of pertaining to which step in this article.
Hi I am trying to connect my samsung note 3 with my HP pc... but unable to connect?
Samsung note 3 to hp pc connect
Connect your device to the computer and allow the device software to download automatically through internet connection so that you will be able to retrieve information off of you phone successfully.
Hi my config is win7 + samsung ultrabook 5 serie + Galaxy S3?
Sidesync already downloaded and running on my phone. but I don't know how to share my keyboard and my mouse
You can share your keyboard and mouse by connecting your device to your computer in order to use this function successfully once you connect your device you will notice the option to use sidesync on your computer.