Use Air View on Samsung Galaxy S4
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Charmed, Eman, Eng and 8 others
- 1 This is part of the Howikis on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S4. The link to the mother Howiki is here - USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4
- 2 Turning On Airview
- 3 To Use Airview
- 4 Troubleshoot Air View Feature on Galaxy S4
- 5 If Samsung Galaxy S4 Air View is Not Working
- 6 If Samsung Galaxy S4 Air View is Not Turning On
- 7 Take Note
- 8 Comments
Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with a big display screen. A 5-inch screen is good for viewing almost everything: pictures, videos and browsers. However there are some sites that do not have mobile support yet and thus you are forced to use the PC version of the site on your 5-inch phone. This is where some minor problems may come in like too little fonts or a texts does not fit in a whole screen. Complications may arise too like tapping on the wrong link due to small fonts and spaces between words. If you have experienced any of this, Samsung has just made your life easier and we are here to let you know that.
You can use the Air View allows you to magnify an area of your screen without actually zooming in. The magnified area is then displayed on a pop-up window on your screen for a few seconds, enough to give you a clear sneak peak of the area.
Turning On Airview
- 1Go to your Home Menu
- 2Tap on the Applications icon
- 3On the Applications folder, tap on Settings (gear icon)
- 4On Settings,tap on My Device
- 5Under My Device, tap on Air View
- 6Turn Air View feature by dragging the switch to the right.
To Use Airview
- 1Using your finger, point at an item on your screen to preview the content and view the information to a pop up window.
- 2You should see the magnified area on a pop up screen.
Troubleshoot Air View Feature on Galaxy S4
At times, you may have encounter problems turning on the air view feature or making it to work properly. We have compile a list of possible scenarios that you may encounter when using Air View. If you are having any problems using Air View, go over the list below and see if it is any of mentioned problems. If none of your issues have been tackled below, feel free to use the comments sections to inquire.
If Samsung Galaxy S4 Air View is Not Working
Make sure that you also switch on one of the following:
- 1Information Preview
- 2Progress Preview
- 3Speed Dial Preview
- 4Webpage Magnifier
If one of these features is not turned on, then Air View will not work.
If Samsung Galaxy S4 Air View is Not Turning On
If the air view feature of your Samsung Galaxy S4 is not turning on, then it is possible that there's a problem in your phone's firmware. This can happen when you have installed some faulty or buggy applications. You can fix it by trying the options below.
Restart Your Phone
Turn off your device. Then turn it back on after a while, and try the air view feature to see if it will now turn on.
Remove the recent application that you have installed.
- 1On your home screen tap on "Apps."
- 2Then tap on "Settings."
- 3Tap "More."
- 4Tap your "Application Manager."
- 5Select the recent application that you have installed.
- 6Tap "Uninstall."
- 7Tap "Ok."
- 8Restart your phone and try to Turn on "Air View."
Factory Reset Your Samsung S4
Doing a factory reset will erase all your saved files and applications. Make sure that you have a backup before performing a factory reset.
- 1On your home screen tap on "Apps."
- 2Tap on "Settings."
- 3Tap on "Accounts."
- 4Then go to "Backup and Reset."
- 5Tap on "Factory Data Reset."
- 6Tap "Reset Device."
- 7Select "Erase Everything."
- 8Confirm the factory reset.
After doing a factory reset open your phone and try to turn on the Air View feature.
- This does not work on an application icon as doing the steps will give you the option to move it.
- This does not work on clickable links as doing the steps will allow you to do other options (Open in New Window, Open, Etc.), but not Air View.
- This does not work on your home screen or other phone menu. If you feel the need to use it, you might want to consider adjusting your font size instead. Adjusting your font size can be done by going to Menu > Apps > Settings > Display > Font > Font size, then choosing your desired font size.
- This works on the popular Android browser, but it works best with Samsung Galaxy S4's native internet browser.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Dougie, Alma, Jerry Rivers