Update Samsung Galaxy S2 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
Edited by Mohsin, Charmed, Leomar Umpad, Michael J. and 22 others
Android 4.3, Google Latest OS version for Mobiles, has been launched a few weeks ago, almost all of the Nexus device got the update of Android 4.3 via OTA, the Google Edition of Galaxy S4 and HTC One has received the Android 4.3 update in some countries, others are still waiting. Since the release of Android 4.3, developers have put all their efforts in creating a custom ROM using the base of Android 4.3 for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100, here you will find out on how to install it.
Today our topic relates to the installation of Android 4.3 Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100, this tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S2, Please do-not try it on any other device.
Before Updating Make Sure:
- 1Your device is Rooted.
- 2Clockwork Mod or any other custom recovery is installed on it.
- 3Enable USB debugging option on your device by going to Settings, then choose development Options and then USB debugging.
- 4Your device must have 70% battery.
Rooting Samsung Galaxy S2
Things to consider before rooting
- 1Rooting your device will invalidate your warranty though you can always unroot your phone when there is a need to claim warranty.
- 2Your phone should be updated to the latest firmware XWKDD.
- 3A phone shutdown during rooting may cause problems on it.To be safe, make sure that your battery is at 70% level.
- 4Be sure to backup before rooting.Rooting may delete your phone's data.
Things you will need when rooting
- 2USB Data Cable
How to Root S2
- 1Download the software indicated above and install them to your PC.
- 2to enable this mode go to Settings ->Applications -> Development -> USB debugging.Put your Samsung Galaxy S2 to debugging mode.
- 3Turn off your device.
- 4To go to download mode, press and hold volume down, home and power button. An Android logo with a word "Downloading..." will appear. If you will be taken to the recovery menu, check on the button pressed as you may have pressed the volume up. If this is the case, turn off your phone again and restart this step.Boot it into download mode.
- 5Open Odin,
- 6Wait for your PC to detect your phone. Odin will notify you if it your computer has detected the phone.Connect your phone and your computer using the USB cable.
- 7Reset Time".Check on the tick boxes for "Auto reboot" and "F.
- 8Press PDA button and select the file XWKDD_insecure.tar that was downloaded to your PC.
- 9Leave all others to default.
- 10Press Start button and Odin will flash the selected kernel.
- 12Open SuperOneClick on your phone and press the "Root" tab.
- 13After it, your Samsung Galaxy S2 is now rooted.Restart your phone again.
Steps to Update Galaxy S2 to Jelly Bean 4.3
- 1[ Download Link ( http://d-h.st/1Vw ) ]Download Unofficial CM 10.2 ROM zip and save it anywhere you like.
- 2Connect Your Galaxy S2 using the original USB Cable.
- 3Copy and paste the downloaded .zip file to the root of SD card.
- 4Turn Off Your Phone.
- 5Now Turn it on while pressing Volume UP + Home key along with the Power Key, until you see some text on screen.
- 6Select Install zip from SD card > select choose zip from SD card and select the Downloaded zip that you copied in the root of SD card.
- 7Confirm the installation on the next screen.
- 9Once done, return to main menu and restart it, it will take up to 5 minutes for the first run so please wait.
- 10That's it Your Galaxy S2 I9100 is updated to CM 10.2 custom ROM based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Categories : Android
Recent edits by: Visihow Admin, Jay, DeleteQnA