Turn Sony Xperia as a Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot
Edited by Charmed, Eng, Christine dela Cruz, Staycee and 3 others
It is always convenient to have a Wi-Fi wherever you go. Most mobile nowadays has the capability of turning into your personal or Wi-Fi hotspot. This is very useful specially if you need an immediate internet for your other devices that does not have its own internet connection. In this article we will show you how to turn Sony Xperia Mobile as a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Turn ON Mobile Internet as Wi-fi Hotspot
- 8Then type in your preferred password then tap 'Done' which is located at the bottom of your mobile along with the screen keys.
- 13You should see the Hotspot symbol on the upper left corner of your mobile screen.Your Wi-Fi hotspot is now activated.
- To connect your other devices on your Wi-Fi Hotspot, make sure you remember the SSID / Username and Password or Passkey that you have created during your Wi-Fi Setup.
- You may also save the SSID and password to the other devices that you want to connect to your hotspot so you wouldn't need to type the username and password whenever you try to connect.
- 1The people around you will be able to detect it and if you have a weak password, they can easily jump into your wifi and use it. This will significantly slow down your internet connection and even worse, they may be able to steal some of your info if they are skillful enough.Do not use very common passwords for your personal hotspot, especially if you will be opening it in a public place.
- 2Do not keep it open all the time, even though you are on an unlimited data plan. Not only will this consume your battery, it makes it too risky for you as your phone is basically accessible all the time. If you are traveling around and your connection happens to get detected by someone who knows how to hack networks, he may be able to enter into your system without you knowing it. This is even more risky when you are using a rather weak password. Thus, turn on your personal hotspot only when you really have to.Turn on your personal hotspot only when you need it.
- 3If you are using your personal hotspot to run various devices all at the same time and each device is running programs which require strong internet connection, you will notice that all of them will slow down significantly. Prioritize only those which you really need internet connection for. Personal Wifi hotspots are usually only used as a backup in case there is no available internet connection. If there is, you may want to use that instead as that will be much more reliable and faster.Do not link too many device at the same time.