Transfer Files from Samsung Galaxy Tab to PC and Vice Versa
Edited by Melsan, Eng, Lynn, Christine dela Cruz and 4 others
Having problems on how to save your documents from your tablet to your computer and vice versa? This tutorial will help you understand the process on how to transfer files. It will teach you how to do wireless and wired with USB transfers to your tablet or computer.
- 1 Transferring files/data via USB cord to your computer and to your tablet
- 2 Transferring files via WiFi
- 3 Alternate way to transfer files using Samsung PC Suite (Kies)
- 4 Common Factors that Cause Errors When Transferring Files from Samsung Galaxy S3 to PC
- 5 Questions and Answer
- 6 Comments
Transferring files/data via USB cord to your computer and to your tablet
Things to have
- 1USB cord for your tablet
- 2Your Tablet
- 3Your Computer
- 1Prepare the USB cord and connect the first end to your tablet.
- 2Now click on "Development".On your tablet, go to "Applications", then tap on "Settings and applications".
- 3You may download it as well at www.samsung.com.Insert the CD that came in the package with your mobile phone and run it on your computer to install Android USB Drivers for computers.
- 4Open the folder and extract the file to run the executable file.
- 5After doing step four, connect the other end of the USB cord to your computer, it should be detected after you follow step three.
- 6Click on "Start" and then click on "My computer" or "Computer" to open and look for the attached device.
- 7drive, or any other name that you have named it. You may open this document page, then copy all files from your Android and transfer it to your computer's documents, or you could copy your documents from the computer going to your tablet to transfer.Look for the Removable E:
Transferring files via WiFi
This is the easiest way to transfer files from tablet to phone or phone to tablet. But you may need to download an application first before you can start transferring files via wireless so that your computer and the device will sync up.
- 1Here is the link for the Android Sync Manager or Sync Manager: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.acarasoft.syncmanagerGo to your Playstore application and tap the magnifying glass to search for "Android Sync Manager".
- 2Download the app, then install it to your tablet.
- 3On your computer, download the same application for you to manage the transferring files via wireless.
- 5Tap on the "Settings" button to open the menu.
- 6Tap on "Pin Code" and enter a code to trigger an authentication for your computer where you installed the counterpart.
- 7Once a dialogue box pops up that asks for a PIN, input the same PIN as what you have on your application on the tablet, then click "OK".Now on your computer, where you installed the other Sync Manager, launch it and go to your "Settings", then "Connection Option".
- 8Now you can transfer files from your tablet to your computer, or from your computer to your tablet over wireless.Once successful, another dialogue box will appear and say "Connected".
- Transferring over Wi-Fi or USB are limited only unless you have Samsung galaxy PC Suite, as you cannot save some documents, contacts and any other.
Alternate way to transfer files using Samsung PC Suite (Kies)
Using Samsung PC Suite or Kies can help you back up and restore the files from your computer to your tablet from the recent backup you made. Unlike on the other two methods, you can back up everything using this program, such as your Notification settings, Contacts and any others.
Here's how to do it:
- 1Download the PC Suite or Kies for your PC http://www.samsung.com/au/support/main/supportMain.do from this link.
- 2Locate the file and install it on your computer.
- 3After the installation of the program, restart your computer to apply all changes.
To Back Up
- 1Run the program or it will launch at start up.
- 2Now connect your tablet to your PC with your USB cord.
- 3On the left hand side of the Samsung Kies, click on your phone, then hit the "Back up and restore" tab.
- 4Select the applications or programs you want to back up.
- 5Click "Backup" to start the process, wait for it to complete, and then exit.
- 1Connect your tablet to your computer again.
- 2Launch your Samsung Kies program.
- 3Select your device then click "Back up and restore".
- 4Select "Back up and restore" on the interface and select the date and the applications or files you want to restore on your device.
- 5Wait for the process to complete the restoration.
Common Factors that Cause Errors When Transferring Files from Samsung Galaxy S3 to PC
- 1There are cases when certain files can only be played on the smartphone, but not on the computer. This is mainly because the applications that are existing on your smartphone may not be available on your computer or do not have a similar desktop version. What happens when you do transfer a file is that your computer tries to read it based on the operating system it is running with and eventually it becomes undetectable or unreadable.Incompatible files.
- 2There are times when a transfer suddenly becomes an error and you think of so many things that could be wrong in your transfer. However, there are times when the problem in the transfer is not really too serious, except that the files you are trying to transfer are too big that your computer could not accommodate it anymore. There is no incompatibility in the operating system but it is more of a storage issue only. In this case, you may want to check your computer's available memory and see which files you can actually remove. Also, you may just want to opt to use an external drive in case you really cannot remove some of the existing files in your computer. Defragmenting your computer may help as it will fee up some of the space that are commonly improperly occupied by several files.File size.
- 3In most cases, you have to respond to a dialogue box asking if you trust the device being connected to your computer. On the other hand, you have to do the same for your smartphone as well. It will ask you whether you are allowing access from your computer. If these dialogue boxes had not been properly answered, you will end up having some hindrances when transferring files. Sometimes, this may appear like your computer is not able to read your device, although the real problem is that it can actually read but it is not working because no authority to access was given.No authority provided between the computer and the smartphone.
Questions and Answer
I cannot find the Android Sync Manager
The Sync Manager that was mentioned was accurate. The name of the application is not really Android Sync Manager. But it was a Sync Manager. It was termed as Android Sync Manager to specify which system or platform it was from. You can go back to your playstore and search for the Sync Manager instead. Select the first option from the list of results then download and install it to your phone to compete transferring files via wireless connection. Make sure to download the Sync Manager that looks like a blue globe. You may go to this link below as a reference and what does an Android Sync Manager looks like.https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.acarasoft.syncmanager
Once you have found the correct application that was mentioned. Simply download it on your device then install for you to use it to transfer files from computer to Android or from your Android to your computer (Whether Laptop or a Desktop)