Save Money by Using Group Buying Services
Edited by Ian Gabriel T. Tolledo, Lynn, Eng
Did you know that you can save up to 95 percent when you buy products/services using group buying services? It's possible! Group buying sites are on the rise these days, with thousands of people saving more money by bulk buying a product or service from a single source. This allows the retailers to give bulk discounts as well, prompting a win-win situation both for them and their clients.
It works this way: The company is able to buy bulk products and their savings are passed directly to you (the customer,) while at the same time enhancing their business sales. It's no wonder why group buying is the rage among consumers with this; a $100 item can go as low as $10 when purchased using a group buying service. What's best? You can do the shopping online! No gas, no crowds! Below are the top group buying sites you can try. $$$
Top 5 Group Buying Sites
Other Active Group Buying Sites
These websites also offer great deals which are more or less the same as the above top five sites:
- 1Google Offers
- 4Mighty Deals
- 5Amazon Local
- 6KGB Deals
- 75pm Deals
Group Buying 101
All group buying sites work mostly along the same principles. The basics of using the sites and other general things to be cautious of are as follows:
- 1This means that you will be giving your email address and your personal information (contact numbers, home/delivery address). Always read terms and conditions very carefully and make sure that you are using a well-established and reputable site.For starters, you will have to register with the site (become a member).
- 2Some group buying sites might add postage, packing or other extra fees.Take note to remember and be aware of all charges.
- 3You can also browse present deals to find those that may be of interest to you.Once you finish the registration, vast numbers of deal alerts will notify you of existing and new offers.
- 4Make sure that you will be able to use the offer before it expires. (Expired vouchers are not redeemable.) What you can do is change the schedule before your voucher expires; this is acceptable for most service deals. Don't forget that the website does not actually guarantee the quality of the venues nor of the items on sale, so personally check out independent reviews before you purchase a deal or sign up.If you are signing up for deals for services such as hotel and restaurant bookings, take note about booking constraints and availability.
- 5Keep in mind that vouchers should be used within the specified time frame and that payment should be made on receipt of the voucher, even if it may be some time before you receive the item or use the service you are purchasing.
- 6Some sites might add postage, packing and other extra fees.Make sure that you're aware of all charges.
More info on Group Buying
Group buying is one of the best ways for you to save money when purchasing goods or services online. There are tons of websites offering significant discounts on a wide range of items or services. They negotiate special deals with various sellers because of their high probability to attract large numbers of buyers.
Group Buying System
As you may have seen already, deals are only advertised for a limited time (hours or days at most) and interested buyers can sign up for those deals. The websites, stores and other retailers get their deals by buying in bulk, so most times deals are only activated once a specific number of buyers purchase a particular item.
- 1(Most websites don't do these now, so you can still get the item even if you're the only paying customer.) Those who purchased it, if there is a minimum that isn't reached, are reimbursed.However, if this number is not reached, the deal might be cancelled.
- 2Once you make a purchase, a confirmation email is sent to you explaining how to redeem the discount or when the shipping will occur.
Tips, Tricks and Warning
- The deals you see on each website include plenty of information to help you make your decision including product/service reviews in addition to information, and the quantity of people who have committed to purchase the offer to date. They also evidently list any restrictions to the offer in a great easy-to-read format.
- Bear in mind the website seriously isn't solely responsible for the products purchased, though the Sale of Goods Act may protect you if the goods are faulty.
- In addition, because the Sale of Goods Act is a relatively new section of consumer law, there is no guarantee that the conventional section 75 protection will connect with credit card purchases.
- Consumers do incorporate some protection under the Distant Selling Regulations. Just be sure you carefully check the particular privacy, cancellation and refund policies of the site before becoming a buyer of any deals.
- Ensure you read all terms and conditions carefully, in particular to evaluate that your level of privacy is protected and that your payments are risk-free.
- As long as you fully comprehend what you're becoming a member of, group-buying sites may offer some fantastic discounts and are a great illustration of how "people power" can function to the benefit of the consumer.
Questions and Answers
How can I sell on any of the group buying sites as a starter?
I want to sell products on one of the group buying sites that is good for starters like me. If not can I hire an expert to do this for me?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Online Business & Transactions
Recent edits by: Lynn, Ian Gabriel T. Tolledo