Root Samsung Galaxy S4
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Charmed, Eng, dojegh and 4 others
Like all Android devices, you will only get the best from your phone if you root it. Samsung Galaxy S4, currently one of the most powerful hand-held devices on the planet, is not exemption to this. Below are the steps on rooting a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone. Just follow the steps religiously and you should have your Samsung Galaxy S4 rooted.
- 1You may need to download the correct drivers on your PC for your Samsung Galaxy S4. Samsung Kies will automatically install the correct drivers for your phone. Download it at samsung.com/us/kies/Make sure that your phone is recognizable by your computer.
- 2Download the files that we will be needing for rooting your Samsung Galaxy S4
- 3Download CWM Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S4 at galaxys4root.com/clockworkmodtwrp-recoveries/
- 4Download Odin at stockroms.net/file/Tools/ODIN/Odin3v185.zip
- 5Download Super SU Zip Files at downloadandroidrom.com/file/tools/SuperSU/CWM-SuperSU-v0.99.zip
- 6Once downloading of the files are complete, you may now proceed to the next steps
- 7Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S4
- 8Press and hold together for 5 seconds the following button combination Volume Down, Center Home, and Power buttons
- 9This should take you to Odin Download mode.When phone shows a warning screen, release all buttons and press Volume Up.
- 10Connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 to your PC via USB cable
- 11Open the Unzipped folder and execute odin3 v1.85.exeUnzip Odin.
- 12If you cannot see it, try to disconnect your phone and reconnect it again. If the problem persist, check if you have the latest driver for your phone. Samsung Kies should help you update them.You should see a yellow highlighted box.
- 13Choose PDA and browser for the CWM Recovery file downloaded on Step 3.
- 14Click on Start and CWM flash recovery for your Samsung Galaxy S4 should commence.
- 15should appear and we are successful with flashing.PASS!
- 16Once it has rebooted, copy the SuperSU file downloaded on Step 5 to an accessible location on your Samsung Galaxy S4.Your phone should automatically reboot.
- 17Once done, turn off your Samsung Galaxy S4.
- 18Press and hold together for 5 seconds the following button combination Volume Up, Center Home, and Power buttons
- 19Once it does, let go of the Power Button but continue to hold the other two buttons until you are on CWM recovery mode.Samsung logo should show.
- 20On CWM Recovery mode, use Volume Down (or Volume Up) to navigate to CHOOSE ZIP FROM SD CARD
- 21Press Power Button to confirm action
- 22Using Volume Down (or Volume up) highlight "0/" directory
- 23Press Power Button to choose directory
- 24A dialog should show, choose YES
- 25Press Power Button to confirm action
- 26Rooting will also commence.SU binaries and SuperSU app should start installing.
- 27Once done, go back to main menu.
- 28Highlight "Reboot System now" by using Volume Down (or Volume up)
- 29Press Power Button to confirm action
- 30Your Samsung Galaxy S4 should reboot and you should be able to see SuperSU app on your application drawer.
- 31Run SuperSU and update the binaries.
- 32You have just rooted your Samsung Galaxy S4.Congratulations!
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Make sure that your battery is at least 50% before you do this procedure.
- Rooting your phone would void your warranty.
- There are unrooting procedures that can be done should you want to unroot your Samsung Galaxy S4
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: Nuance, Rayne, Alma