Reset a Lexmark laser printer
Edited by Fabian John Andan, Lynn, Eng, Christine dela Cruz and 1 other
If you have any issues or problems when using your Lexmark printer, the only way to solve the problem is to reset your Lexmark printer. This process will also resolve the random light blinking on your Lexmark printer. Reset is a process that will refresh and reboot your printer.
Follow these steps in order to reset a Lexmark laser printer
- 1 Reset Your Lexmark printer
- 2 Tips Tricks & Warnings
- 3 Advantages of Ensuring Your Printer's Settings are Correct
- 4 Questions and Answers
- 5 Comments
Reset Your Lexmark printer
- 2Press the "Cancel" button and hold it for three to five seconds, then you can release it.
- 3Your Lexmark printer will automatically reset.
- 4All lights will blink.
- 5When the lights stop blinking, your printer will restart.
- 6Then you're done, your Lexmark printer has been successfully reset.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Try to restart your printer by turning it off and back on before you reset it. Sometimes a simple restart will solve your problem.
- Follow the steps above carefully, and do the steps again if necessary.
- Do not feed a clean sheet of paper when you have just restarted your printer. In most cases, it will print a test page and you would not want to waste a new paper for that.
Advantages of Ensuring Your Printer's Settings are Correct
- 1There are so many cases when a printer's settings are not correct and it just keeps on printing rubbish on several sheets of paper. When this happens, oftentimes, it is difficult to correct it after only one attempt. You end up wasting a lot of paper and ink.It saves you ink and paper.
- 2When you set up your printer's settings correctly, you save time having to troubleshoot it in between your work. You are able to use your printer when you need it. It will also ensure that your output is how you'd like it to be. It can really be very disappointing when you have to fix and open up your printer each time you need to use it.It saves you time.
- 3If the settings are incorrect, the quality of the output is usually not right. The margins may not be aligned and the fonts may even look rather messy. You would not want to experience this when you are preparing something important.It ensures you get a good printout.
Questions and Answers
My power flashed and afterwards the printer would not work. I have read how to restart the printer but my controls are a little different. How do I reset the Lexmark pro715. It is an older copier but worked fine until the power outage. I put in new ink cartridges and it still will not respond?
My copier will not work. I have put in new ink cartridges and it still says replace ink cartridges. How do you reset it my Lexmark pro715 does not have the same buttons what buttons do I press on a Lexmark pro715 to reset it. What details do you need. The buttons on my copier are different than what is shone. I have tried: Reinserted new ink cartridges and unplugged it and restarted it and cleaned the head. I think it was caused by: It was working fine until we has a power outage and now the copier will not work
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Hardware
Recent edits by: Christine dela Cruz, Eng, Lynn