Remove SIM Card on iPhone5
Edited by Timbuktu, Eman, Melissa Meyer, Eng and 15 others
An Apple product is known to be very delicate and of course unique, as it is the brand that started this style and this type of structure for a mobile. It is not easy to just open the device on your own, without the proper tools.
- Your Apple product or iPhone must have a removal tool, this looks like a PIN.
- While the iPhone screen is facing you, it is on the right side where the SIM tray is.
- Use the removal tool; insert this to the SIM tray to eject the tray.
- After pushing the SIM tray with the removal tool kit, the tray should then eject and you can pull this out.
- The SIM should be in the tray. If you want to remove and reinsert this, you can remove it from the tray, and then just put it back into the tray. If you want to replace your SIM, you can just remove your old SIM from the tray, and put the new SIM on the tray, and then put the tray back into your iPhone by pushing it back in.
- You've now successfully re-inserted or replaced your SIM card!
How to Install Sim Card With or Without Tool Kit for iPhone 5
- Get a paper clip, and bend the other side straight. This will serve as your Sim Removal Tool, if you don't have the original one.
- You can also use the SIM removal tool if you have it or, you can buy it here: http://amazon.to/170bI0D
- Find your iPhone 5 Sim Tray. It is located at the side of your iPhone 5. You will see a small hole, and that's your SIM Tray switch.
- Now, Insert the pin in the small hole, and then press it gently. The tray will pop out. Take out the SIM card tray by using your finger.
- Put your SIM Card on the SIM Tray. Make sure that it fits perfectly. Make sure that the gold side of the SIM card is facing downwards.
- Put the SIM tray back into the slot in the same way you ejected it. You will hear a click sound after successfully putting the tray back in place.
How to Protect a Sim Card
It can be a very uncomfortable situation when you end up damaging your sim card and it contains a lot of information that you have not yet backed up. For example, it may contain messages from people that you are trying to preserve because either it has a sentimental value or you simply want to refer back to them later on. It could also be that you opted not to save things on your phone and kept everything on your sim card. Therefore, it is really important that you handle a sim card with care, especially when it contains very important information.
Here are some things that you can do in order to protect your sim card:
- 1If you touch that and your hand happened to be wet, having some chemicals, or rough, it may damage the surface of the chips and will lead to the sim card not functioning properly anymore. Be very careful when holding the sim card and as much as possible, hold it from the edges instead and not on the flatter surface.Do not touch the portion that has the chips.
- 2The pull of the magnet may impact the microchips negatively, which may lead to loss of data and other important functions. It may also cause some data to get distorted or to become incomplete, in case the entire sim card did not get destroyed.Keep the sim card away from magnets.
- 3Just like memory cards, sim cards are best stored in a container when you have to store as compared to just letting it lie around on the table or drawer. Preventing it from rubbing with other materials will help a lot in preserving the life of sim cards.Store in a proper container, in case you have to keep it outside of the cellphone.
- 4Sim cards are not that sensitive in terms of temperature but it will be common sense to think that too much of any temperature will be risky. Therefore, store it in a place in which sunshine cannot reach it directly.Avoid putting it under direct heat.
- 5At some point, if you keep on dislodging and then putting the sim card back again, that can cause damage.Avoid removing and then reinserting the sim card over and over again.