Recover Android Device in case of Forgot password/pattern unlock an Android device
Edited by Raj, Charmed, Reema, Eng and 43 others
What do you do if you forget your unlock pattern or password on your android device? Maybe you forgot or maybe a kid got a hold of it and messed it up, locking the phone. Or maybe you've changed the password so many times you lost track of the latest changes. However it got locked, what do you do next? We will explore the series of steps to follow to unlock your Android device, regardless of the situation.
- 1 Recover Android Device in case of Forgotten password/unlock pattern on Android device
- 2 Case 1 : If you have forgotten your password/pattern unlock of your Android Tablet, or the face unlock feature refuses to work
- 3 Case 2 : If you have forgotten your Google account password
- 4 Case 3 :Tablet is not accepting your correct Google ID and password
- 5 Comments
Recover Android Device in case of Forgotten password/unlock pattern on Android device
There are many ways to RESET you Android device and this post will give solutions and workarounds for many situations.
Note: There are different cases mentioned below and for all of them make sure you are either connected to a mobile network or Wi-Fi.
- Case 1 : Steps to follow if you have forgotten the device unlocking password.
- Case 2 : Steps to follow if you don't remember your Google password recovery account credentials.
- Case 3 : Steps to follow if the tablet does not accept the Google id and password, but it is actually correct.
Case 1 : If you have forgotten your password/pattern unlock of your Android Tablet, or the face unlock feature refuses to work
Click on 'forgot password?' will take you to a new screen where you will be required to enter your Google account user name and password. Keep in mind that this is the same user name and password your device is registered to at the Google Play store.
Case 2 : If you have forgotten your Google account password
If you lost your Google account credentials then follow these simple steps to reset your google account password and then use the new password to gain access to your device.
- 3That's exactly what Google recommends. Even if you are trying to reset from an unknown device, click 'Yes continue.'Prefer to set your password from a device you signed in recently?
- 4Or any recent password you set? If not, click 'I don't remember.'Do you remember your last password?
- 5Google will send a verification code to your number.Enter your mobile number.
- 6Enter that code in the field and click 'continue.'
- 7Now enter a new password and click 'Reset password' and use the new one on your device.
- 9Keep answering the questions with as much information as you remember and recover your Google ID.Google will then ask you several questions related to past passwords, contacts, recent emails, or other information.
Case 3 :Tablet is not accepting your correct Google ID and password
You can correct this problem.
- 1It will be shown as "Android Phone".Go to [ https://accounts.google.com/IssuedAuthSubTokens ] and enter login details to see if your Android device is listed there.
- 2Revoke the access for the device.
- 3At the bottom of the page, you will see an option Generate new application-specific password. Enter any name and click on "generate password". A sixteen digit password will be generated.Generate a password.
- 4Enter that password in the tablet along with the correct Google ID.
- 5If the "Generate password" option is disabled, follow this link [ https://www.google.com/landing/2step/ ] to learn how to enable the generate password option using the 2-step verification.
The Last resort
- If your Android Device is unable to connect to the Internet while locked, unfortunately you have lost access to your device. You will need to perform a full factory reset of the device.
- To perform a full factory reset on an Android device, this article will help you: How to perform a full factory reset on an Android device.
Categories : Android
Recent edits by: DeleteQnA, Jay, Rosail Maldonado