Properly Seal Samsung Galaxy S5 to Keep It Dust and Water Resistant
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Dougie, rolypoly25, Eng and 1 other
- 1 Samsung's most powerful for 2014 has arrived! Samsung Galaxy S5 is packed with one of the most powerful processor, camera and health features. We have all the tutorials, instructions and tips on how to get the most out of your phone on this Category:All About Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2 Seal Your Galaxy S5 to Keep it Dust and Water Resistant
- 3 Tips to keeping your Samsung Galaxy S5 Dust and Water Resistant
- 4 Comments
Samsung's most powerful for 2014 has arrived! Samsung Galaxy S5 is packed with one of the most powerful processor, camera and health features. We have all the tutorials, instructions and tips on how to get the most out of your phone on this Category:All About Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy S5 has an Ingress Protection (IP) rating of 67. The first digit, 6, relates to dust resistance, while the second digit, 7, is the water resistance rating. Dust resistance has levels from 0-6, with 0 having no protection from dust, and 6 being completely dust resistant. Water resistance has levels from 0-9 with 0 having no protection from water and 9 being completely resistant to water. In layman's terms, Samsung Galaxy S5 is completely dust resistant and has a very high resistance to water. So what does a 7 rating of water resistance mean? It means that the device can be completely immersed in water to a depth of 1 meter for 30 minutes, and come out unharmed. Is this constant? No. You need to make sure that your phone is completely protected from water and dust by ensuring that all checkpoints are being complied to.
Seal Your Galaxy S5 to Keep it Dust and Water Resistant
Samsung Galaxy S5, being an electronic device, has some openings for charging, data transfers and power source (battery). You need to keep these openings tightly closed to keep dust and water from going into your phone. Follow the procedures below to maintain Samsung Galaxy S5's IP 67 rating:
You have just learned how to properly seal your Samsung Galaxy S5 to maintain its dust and water resistance.
Tips to keeping your Samsung Galaxy S5 Dust and Water Resistant
Your Samsung Galaxy S5 is designed to be dust and water resistant. However, being dust and water-resistant does not mean your device is dust and waterproof. Your device is not waterproof. Keep your device resistant to dust and water by following these steps:
- Your device has an IP rating of 67. The maximum time it can be immersed in the water is thirty minutes and the maximum depth it can handle the pressure is one meter. Do not go beyond these limits, or you will damage your device.
- See to it that you keep the multipurpose port cover in place. You should not remove nor detach it from your device.
- Be careful when opening and closing the back cover. The fitted rubber seals must be protected at all times. Make sure that the rubber seals are free from external debris.
- Never open the back cover or the multipurpose jack while the phone is wet or is immersed in water.
- Check the back cover and the multipurpose jack cover are tightly closed.
- Make sure your device is not exposed under water with force such as ocean currents, river flows, and waterfalls. These forces may cause the multipurpose jack cover and the back cover to be opened.
- See to it that the phone is not exposed to ionized water, soapy water, and salt water. These liquids may cause corrosion, and your phone won't work.
- Double-check the back cover and the multipurpose jack cover. Make sure they are still completely closed and aligned. Impacts and usage of phone may cause these to loosen, allowing water to enter your device.
Categories : All About Samsung Galaxy S5
Recent edits by: Eng, rolypoly25, Dougie