Play C Chromatic Scale on the Trumpet
Edited by Toradze, VisiHow, Eng
You're watching VisiHow. This is a video tutorial series on playing the trumpet. In the previous tutorial, we learned how to play arpeggios. In this tutorial, we will show you how to play the C chromatic scale on the trumpet.
- 1For example, on the C major scale, you will play C, D, E, F, G, A, B, and C. There are also half steps. In order to make a scale, you use a combination of whole and half steps. To make a chromatic scale, all of the half steps in the scale will be played.Essentially, a chromatic scale is a scale with all of the half steps between the first and last scale degrees.
- 2The first time, let's play legato, which means that only the primary note will be tongued. The second time, let's play the scale single-tonguing each note. When single-tonguing notes, remember to place your tongue on the center point between the back of your teeth and the roof of your mouth.For this exercise, let's start with middle C, go up one octave to the next C, and then come back down.
This has been a VisiHow tutorial on how to play the C chromatic scale on the trumpet. If you're having trouble playing the chromatic scale, then simply leave your questions, comments, or suggestions in the area below; and we'll do our best to get back to you. Thanks for choosing VisiHow! Have a great day!
See more tutorials on playing the trumpet:
- Tune a Trumpet
- Play Staccato on the Trumpet
- Stand in the Correct Posture While Playing the Trumpet
- Play Legato on the Trumpet
- Empty Spit out of the Trumpet
- Play with Lips Trills on the Trumpet
- Improve Double Tonguing Notes on the Trumpet
- Play Arpeggios on the Trumpet
- Play C Chromatic Scale on the Trumpet
- Play Intervals on Trumpet
- Do Buzzing Exercises When Playing the Trumpet
- Use Your Diaphragm for Playing the Trumpet
- Buzz with Lips when Playing the Trumpet
- Buzz When Playing the Trumpet
- Hold the Trumpet
- Single Tongue the Trumpet
- Gain Endurance to Play Long Notes on the Trumpet
- Play the Trumpet with the Correct Embouchure
Video: Play C Chromatic Scale on the Trumpet
Categories : Music
Recent edits by: VisiHow, Toradze