Paint your Nails
Edited by Debbie, Charmed, Izaya Orihara, Christine dela Cruz and 1 other
Every woman likes nicely painted, colorful looking fingernails! You can learn in this article how to paint your nails so they look neat, and professional looking! Here are some things you will need to get started:
Things You Will Need
- 1Bottle of Fingernail Polish
- 2Acetone Free Remover
- 3Orange Wood Stick
- 5Nail Buffer
- 6Base Coat
- 7Top Coat
Wash your hands with soap and water, making sure you get underneath your fingernails. Before you start painting, keep in mind it's good to have a nice flat surface to work on, so you can have a nice steady hand painting your nails. Take your orange wood stick, and push back your cuticles gently, one by one. Next, you can buff your nails if you like, so you have a nice smooth surface before you apply the polish. When you are done buffing, then you can apply your base coat. This will seal in the color, and prevent yellow stains on your fingernails from the color of the polish. Let it dry for 10 minutes.
Next, you will start applying your polish. When you take your brush out, remember to swipe the brush on the side of the bottle, to remove any excess polish. Too much on the brush will create a runny mess on your finger nails.
Start at the base of your cuticle, sweeping your brush upwards in one stroke, up towards the middle of your nail, start at the bottom once again, and do the left side following the curve of the cuticle, and then do the right side. Don't worry, if you get any polish on the sides of your skin (and everyone does!) you can dab a Q-tip in your polish remover, and remove the polish around the sides when you are finished. Let your nails dry for 15 minutes. Repeat, for a second coat if you like, let dry.
Lastly, you will apply your Top coat to help prevent chipping, and give your nails a shiny appearance! That's it, you are done!
How to Make Your Nail Paint Look Flattering on You
Nail paint looks good especially if it's carefully done and tastefully chosen. If not, instead of enhancing your overall look, it may end up looking rather dirty and negatively distracting. Nail art is becoming a real hit these days but unfortunately, some people just do it for the sake of following a trend. Keep in mind that these types of things require a certain level of taste and without that, it will end to be very unappealing and this is not exactly the point why you follow a fashion trend.
Here are some things that you can do to make sure your nail paint boosts your looks and not otherwise:
- 1Just like color of clothes and hair dye, choosing the right color of nail paint can make all the difference. For example, if you are on the fairer side, dark colors like red, black, electric blue, and the like can be very attractive and it will make your hands look clean. On the other hand, if your skin color is more of an earth tone, it will look flattering on you if you use those shades which are matter in appearance.Choose the most appropriate color.
- 2Never apply nail paint when you are in a hurry. Although there are a lot of nail paints out there which are designed to dry fast to serve the needs of busier women, the disadvantage in applying nail paint hurriedly is the fact that the edges won't look equal and there will be some smears on some corners of your fingers. This will look really messy and dirty and it is even better not to have nail paint at all if it will just look this way. Make sure that you apply the nail paint carefully and if you think you can't do it properly on your own, it may be better to ask someone else to do it for you instead or go to a professional nail salon.Apply the nail paint properly.
- 3Since nail art has become really popular these days, the nail artists have also imagined more designs which are way above the usual. If the designs are too weird and flashy, that would not look flattering anymore. This is especially the case if you are using the nail paint during formal occasions or in more professional settings. You definitely would not want to look way too different from the rest of the people in the room.Avoid too much flashy designs.
- 4Some women tend to try to preserve their nail paint as long as possible to the point that they tolerate having some of their nails looking really lopsided because of chipped paint. If one of your fingers has chipped paint, either you repair that particular nail or you totally change your nail paint. Never allow yourself to go around with those chipped paints as that only connotes that you don't pay attention to your nails enough and that has some repercussions on overall hygiene.Change your nail paint right away the moment you see a small chip.
Recent edits by: Christine dela Cruz, Izaya Orihara, Charmed