Manage Your Email Account on the Samsung Galaxy S3
Edited by Timbuktu, Maria Quinney, Charmed, Lynn and 20 others
These days most people don't just work on the computer; they also work using their gadgets like tablets and mobile phones. That is why there are a lot of mobile phones these days that support email applications. In this article, we will provide you the steps on how you can manage your email account by adding, deleting and changing settings.
- 1 Add POP3 Email Account on Samsung Galaxy S3
- 2 Set Default Email Account
- 3 How to change email settings on Samsung Galaxy S3
- 4 Delete an Email Account in Samsung Galaxy S3
- 5 Changing setting so emails are not deleted from my POP3 account
- 6 Retrieving an Email Account that has been deleted from Galaxy S3
- 7 How to change password on existing email account
- 8 Able to transfer pics from my device to PC, but cannot transfer files from PC to device
- 9 Can the "email" icon be renamed? How?
- 10 TIPS
- 11 Questions and Answers
- 11.1 Change settings is not listed on Settings, what will I do?
- 11.2 There isn't a trash can in my top right corner
- 11.3 I have changed my password on incoming and I am now attempting to change my outgoing password, but I am getting an invalid error. What do I do?
- 11.4 My email automaticall removes itself and into the recylce bin?
- 11.5 How to delete emails from phone and desktop?
- 11.6 My samsung 3 keeps sending 130.00 emails to my PC
- 11.7 How can I enter a new password?
- 11.8 Is this option free? email to send later?
- 12 Comments
Add POP3 Email Account on Samsung Galaxy S3
- 8Tap "Done".
- 9If this is the first email account that you have added on your mobile, then after you click "Email" on the second step, you will need to fill in and add your email and password on the next screen.
Set Default Email Account
- 5Tap the account that you want to make your default account.
- 7Your selected email should now be your default email account and ready to use.
How to change email settings on Samsung Galaxy S3
Before you go ahead to change your settings, make sure you are connected to the internet. Then follow these steps.
- 5Select the email account that you want to make changes on.
- 7Edit the "SMTP" server name with the new ones.
- 8Tap "Port field," then edit its port number.
- 9Select the "Hide Keyboard" key on the virtual keyboard.
- 10Select "Done" to save your changes.
- 11Your changes on the selected email account have been saved.
Delete an Email Account in Samsung Galaxy S3
Some people set so many email accounts in their phones, some of which are completely useless. The following steps will guide you in deleting these accounts.
- 6Once the box is checked, tap "Delete."Tap to select the account you wish to delete.
- 8If you wish to remove another email account, go back and repeat the above steps.Your email account will then be removed.
Changing setting so emails are not deleted from my POP3 account
While the built in email app on the Galaxy S3 is an excellent starting point for sending and receiving emails on the go, some users may find the lack of features limiting to their needs. A common problem is that when setting up a POP3 account in the default app and syncing your emails, the mail will no longer be available on the server. So when syncing another device for the same account or checking the account through your provider's website, you will find that the messages showing on the S3 are no longer available there. If you are using a Gmail account, there is an easy workaround; just follow the steps below.
- 1Once you are at your inbox, click on the Settings wheel in the top right corner and then click "Settings". From the Settings menu, you will see a tab for "Forwarding and POP/IMAP". Click this to continue.Go to Gmail on a computer and log in to your account.
- 2Under the drop down box, select "Keep Gmail's copy in the Inbox" or "Mark Gmail's copy as read", which will both leave a copy on the server for you to sync with other devices or read on the Gmail website, even after you have received them on your Galaxy phone. Click "Save Changes" at the bottom of the window and you're done.From this tab, you will see settings for "POP Download".
For those users who do not have a Gmail account, there are other options, although it is recommended to use a Gmail account with the S3 Email App or official Gmail App for a hassle free experience. Some ISP's offer a similar functionality in your mail account setup as the steps listed above. Contact your provider to find out more. For those looking for a full featured mail app with such settings built in, just search "email" in the Google Play Store and find an app that interests you or try out the top rated MailDroid or K-9 Mail.
Retrieving an Email Account that has been deleted from Galaxy S3
If you want to retrieve a deleted email account, you need to have Android Data Recovery software. Not only can you retrieve lost email accounts, but also delete text messages and contacts. You can download free trial versions of the software on the net, either for Windows or Mac. It is not a hopeless situation.
- 1After launching Wondershare Dr.Fone for Android, you'll get the primary window below. Connect your Android device to the computer via a USB cable.Connect your Samsung Galaxy SII to your computer.
- 2Now you need to enable USB debugging on your device. Follow the detailed expression in the window to set it now.Enable USB debugging.
- For Android 2.3 or earlier: Enter "Settings" > Click "Applications" > Click "Development" > Check "USB debugging."
- For Android 3.0 to 4.1: Enter "Settings" > Click "Developer Options" > Check "USB Debugging."
- For Android 4.2 or newer: Enter "Settings" > Click "About Phone" > Tap "Build Number" several times until you get a note that says, "You are under developer mode." > Back to "Settings" > Click "Developer options" > Check "USB Debugging."
- 3After you get the USB debugging down, the program begins to connect your device. Click "Start" to analyze the data on your device. *Note: Before starting, please make sure that the battery is charged to more than 20 percent to ensure a complete scan.Begin analyzing the data on your device for deleted information, including email addresses.
- 5Preview and recover.
How to change password on existing email account
- 1Go to the Home screen of your Samsung Galaxy S3.
- 2Tap on the "Apps" icon, which is on the right hand side of your Home screen.
- 3From the list, scroll down and tap on the Email icon.
- 4Tap on the menu situated at the lower left side of the screen and wait for a few seconds.
- 5A popup menu will appear immediately, and you need to scroll down on it to see "Settings".
- 6Tap on "Settings."
- 7Select and click the email account for which you want to change the password.
- 8Once you are on your selected mobile account, scroll down and go to "More settings".
- 9Under Server Settings of the More Settings, tap on the "Incoming Settings".
- 10From the Incoming Settings, go to the password field and change it.
- 11Under Server Settings of the More Settings, tap on the "Outgoing Settings".
- 12From the outgoing settings, go to the password field and change it.
- 13The password on your email as stored on your device is now changed.
- 14You may or may not find a notification later, depending on the kind of email account on which the password has been changed.
- Take note: These changes are only on the client side, i.e., will only affect the email details stored on your phone. If you want to change your email account's password, you need to do it on your provider's official site.
Able to transfer pics from my device to PC, but cannot transfer files from PC to device
Transferring files from a mobile device to a PC is much easier, as there is an option set up to do it.
Transferring files from a PC into a device is possible, but the process is more difficult. However, there are ways to transfer files from your PC to the device.
- 6Tap and hold on the file and drop it right into your phone's internal or external storage. Or just right-click the files into the PC and choose copy, then paste it in your device's external storage root directory.Now, to transfer a file from a PC to your device, simply browse the files which you want to be copied.
Can the "email" icon be renamed? How?
- 1Once this has been done, you can then transfer it back to your phone.You can rename the email file/folder name on your Samsung Galaxy S3 by going first to a PC to rename it.
- 2and then hold the folder title bar for a while and wait until a pop up will instruct you to rename the folder of the email icon. After putting in the new name, you just then click OK.You can just tap the email folder on your S3 to open it.
- 3When it comes up, tap on it, then put a new name on the email icon.On your Samsung Galaxy S3, just do a long press on the email image icon, and then patiently wait for Renaming settings to pop up.
- 4On this app, you just browse the files and find the file for the email icon, hold on to it for a while, and then select rename when this option pops up/appears.Another option on your Samsung Galaxy S3 is to use a file explorer or file manager app.
- You can use this solution when you experience problems with receiving or sending of emails.
- To obtain correct email account settings, please contact your service provider.
- Contact your service provider for assistance in case you enter incorrect settings
Questions and Answers
Change settings is not listed on Settings, what will I do?
With recent updates, change settings has been removed. Still, you can change you email settings by tapping on "More settings". The instructions above were also amended to account for these changes.
There isn't a trash can in my top right corner
The trash can/trash bin icon on the top right corner of Settings is still there. Check the steps again and make sure you follow them. If there is really no trash bin icon on your device, which is very highly unlikely, restart your device and try again.
I have changed my password on incoming and I am now attempting to change my outgoing password, but I am getting an invalid error. What do I do?
If you are having an error in changing your password on your Outgoing Settings, then these are the possible things that you should look into:
- Check if you have entered the correct email password. Make sure that you input the correct password combination, so you will not experience error messages in the outgoing settings.
- You cannot change your actual email password in the outgoing settings. You should note that if you are attempting to change your actual email account's password, then you will really encounter an error. The email application on your Galaxy S3 is only an email client, i.e, all its data came from your email provider, including the password. If you want to change your email's password, you need to go to a browser and change it from the email's official site. The "change password" feature on S3's mail client is only applicable when you have changed your actual email password and you need to update it to your phone's client.
- Make sure you have a working internet connection. Check if you have a working internet connection. You will encounter error in connection when you do not have internet on your phone. You can verify this by logging into a mobile site using any browser applications.
- Restart your phone. Restarting your device can do wonders. Rebooting allows your phone to refresh and start processes again.
- Delete the email and add it back again on your device. If every tip above has been followed and checked, delete your email address from your phone and set it up again. Follow the same procedures as you did before and you should be able to get back on your email.
My email automaticall removes itself and into the recylce bin?
My email will not be present after viewing and closing off the program
This error started with the update of your device, I fixed this issue by signing out of my email and signing back in with the new settings and this allowed my mail to remain in my inbox for future reading rather than being placed in the trash bin.
How to delete emails from phone and desktop?
I can delete emails on my phone but they won't be deleted on my desktop when I log in there - same for when I delete from desktop, emails are still on my phone - I am constantly deleting emails I already read or do not want!
The reason behind this is that it takes a while for the devices to sync with each other. Give it some time to synchronize with each other and do tasks on one device until it fully synchronizes with the other.
After you delete an email press the synchronize button to that it is applied not only to your device but also to the servers of your email and other devices.
My samsung 3 keeps sending 130.00 emails to my PC
My samsung 3 keeps sending 130.00 emails to my PC but not my iPad or phone then same email twelve times and 100.00 times I don't know what to do to stop it. I rang vodapone they said to cancel my email account on the phone and start again. I have done this but it is still happening please help someone.
This issue is not happening because of your device but yet your email account in general you will need to visit your email website in order to change the settings that will limit how many emails will be sent out to your devices other than your inbox in your email account.
How can I enter a new password?
I have successfully gone through all the steps, including entering my email address and NEW password. When I then click "Next," it tells me I have already used this email address and won't let me go further. Can you help me? What I want to do is keep my original email address but put in a new password.
Thank you. This is because you must remove the email first before you try to change your password, go to your website where you email was created and first change the password there before entering your email address back into your device.
Is this option free? email to send later?
How do i get an email to "send later" i see it as an option, but don't see where I can use it
While composing your email do not send it after you have already composed your email, from here press the menu button and select the option to schedule a time to send your email. Select this option and set a time that you will like your email to be sent.