Make the best yet easiest crockpot Italian Tortellini Soup
Edited by Maria Quinney, Eng, Rebecca M., Rafah Perlado and 1 other
Italian tortellini soup is a creamy soup that is the perfect ending to a busy day. It is lovely with garlic toast, and leftover chicken can be added to this dish. The best part is the crock pot does all the work for you, and it is better than take out!
- 11 bag of frozen tortellini
- 21 small bag of fresh spinach
- 32 cans of Italian style diced tomatoes
- 41 box or 4 cups or vegetable broth
- 51 block of cream cheese, cut in cubes
- 1Place fresh spinach in a colander, wash leaves thoroughly and remove stems.
- 2Pour vegetable broth, onion, and diced tomatoes into crock pot.
- 3Place cream cheese in broth mixture and stir to separate cubes.
- 4Add tortellini and stir to mix ingredients.
- 5Cover and turn crock pot to low setting for six hours.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- You can add any number of different vegetables and pastas to this soup and you will still come out with great results. For a different twist, try using cheese or meat ravioli instead of tortellini. No matter what kind of soup you like, having a warm meal ready for you when you get home is a wonderful feeling.
- 12 cups of all purpose flour
- 22 eggs
- 31 egg yolk
- 43 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Place the all purpose flour in a large mixing bowl, make a well in the center.
- 2In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg yolk and olive oil.
- 3Pour into the well of all purpose flour.
- 4Mix with your clean, bare hands.
- 5Add 1 tablespoon of ice cold water at a time.
- 6Mix until it forms a ball of dough.
- 7Flour your work space where you will knead the dough.
- 8Poke the dough with your finger, and if it bounces back, the dough is good to go.Knead it until it is well incorporated.
- 9Wrap in cling wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- 10Cut the dough into four equal parts.
- 11Flatten the part of the dough and pass it through a pasta roller, starting from number 7 to number 3 (thickness).
- 12Cut a square approximately 3 by 3 inches.
- 13It could be meat, vegetables or cheese.Place the filling of your choice.
- 14Dab the edges with beaten egg, which will act as a glue.
- 15Fold over and press down to seal.
- 16Let the two point ends meets, then overlap and seal with the egg wash.
Note: Photos above are just sample brands of the ingredients. This does not mean that the same brands are needed in preparing this recipe. You can always change things according to what you prefer.
The pictures are just sample photos on how to execute certain procedures.
Categories : Appetizers & Finger Foods
Recent edits by: Rafah Perlado, Rebecca M., Eng