Make a Guy Jealous
Edited by Bobby-Jo Keats, Eng, Doug Collins, Gema hafez and 3 others
How to Make a Guy Jealous
There are a lot of ways to make a guy jealous. Whether he is your boyfriend, long-distance boyfriend or your ex-boyfriend, there are many avenues you can take to encourage jealousy from your boyfriend. However, always use caution because depending on what he's like, you might make him angry, and it could lead to violence. Also, don't overdo it. Sometimes, less is more.
On Social Media
- 1Hang out with your friends, make new ones and do things you enjoy. Post pictures of your fun events on social media, including your selfies with the boys. Comment on what a great time it was. He will be jealous he wasn't there.Post photos of you with your guy friends.
- 2Whether it's a great photo or an interesting status, comment on the pages of your guy friends and tell them how great they look or how great they are. He is bound to notice and get jealous.Compliment other guys.
- 3Like posts and photos of other guys and follow them on social media. Include all your celebrity crushes too. You will have a bunch of material to mention if you bring them up and he will get jealous you're paying all kinds of attention to other guys.Gear your likes to attractive guys.
- 4Post pictures of you alone, doing something you love or just being independent. It will make him wonder what message you are trying to send to your online friends, and will start to worry that you don't need him or want him.Post photos of yourself doing your own thing.
- 5Get a new haircut or dye it a different color and post a picture of it. If you bought a new outfit and want to flaunt it, take a picture and post it. He will likely get jealous when he sees the compliments rolling in.Post a cute photo of yourself.
- 6Go on an adventure, make memories and have a great time doing it. He will see how happy it makes you, and wish he was part of it, no doubt wondering what new guy friends you might be making along the way.Do something you've always wanted to do and post about it.
- 7Get in better shape. Eat healthy, maybe join a gym and update your look, then post about it online with lots of pictures. He will be appreciate how great you look, and be jealous when he sees how many other people have noticed too.Get in shape and boast about your success.
- 8Start tagging your guy friends in your status updates. It could be a status about a party you were at, or perhaps a throwback photo with old friends. Even if you think your single guy friends would find something funny or relevant, tag them.Tag your guy friends in your statuses.
- 9Send friend requests to several other guys. When they add you, and your boyfriend notices, he will not only get jealous, but he won't know who requested who to become friends.Add lots of guy friends.
- 10Some of the currently popular of these range from rating a person's attractiveness from 1 to 10, to commenting with a number that represents if you would kiss a guy, date them or marry them. Your boyfriend is sure to get jealous when he starts reading the replies from other guys.Share a status or image that encourages others to rate you romantically.
Over the Phone
- 1Call him and cancel upcoming plans you have. It doesn't have to be anything big. It might be a lunch date or movie plans. Tell him something came up and be vague about it and he will start to wonder if you're blowing him off for someone else.Call and cancel a date.
- 2After hanging out with your friends, talk at length about the guys who were there and what they're like. Mention the way they laugh or how much fun they are to hang out with. He will get jealous of you hanging out with other guys and dislike that you're having so much fun.Talk about your guy friends.
- 3Even if you don't speak to your ex anymore, casually bring him up in a conversation. You can simply say you randomly ran into each other somewhere or that you heard from her out of the blue. Even if you play it off as a weird coincidence, he will worry and get jealous that someone might be trying to get back into your life.Mention your ex.
- 4Did one of your attractive friends get a new tattoo or adopt a puppy? Take note of details about other guys you are friends with, and bring it up in conversation. He will get jealous of how attentive you are to other guys and wonder why details about them are important enough for you to dwell on.Compliment other guys.
- 5Ignore his calls for a brief period of time or tell him you will call him right back and wait a little while. It will make him wonder what you are up to.Don't call him for a while.
- 6When you are talking to him on the phone and he asks you questions, respond with short and to-the-point answers. He will wonder why you are being aloof and get jealous if he thinks someone else has your attention.Keep your answers short.
- 7When a guy hits on you and you turn him down, tell your boyfriend about it during your conversations. He will be glad you turned them down but get jealous of all the attention you get.Let him know when other guys hit on you.
- 8If you're frequently getting calls from other people, especially at night, he will be jealous he has to compete for your attention.Tell him you're getting another call and then hang up abruptly.
- 9Even if you just have a few friends over and you're having a good time, give him a call. If he's not with you because he's busy or working, leave him a voicemail. He will hear people in the background and how much fun you're having.Call him when you are having a party.
- 10Call him on the phone and when he answers act surprised and tell him you meant to call someone else. Don't tell him who and hang up abruptly. He will be wondering who you were trying to call and why you sounded anxious.Pretend to call him by accident.
Over Text Message
- 1Try waiting a couple of hours to answer his text messages. This will make him think about you and wonder what you are up to. You can alternatively turn your phone off for a few hours, he won't know if your phone battery died or if you were busy having fun.Don't respond to him right away.
- 2Respond to his text messages with brief, one-word answers. Try keeping your texts as brief as possible.Keep conversations brief.
- 3Go to a bar or hang out with some mutual friends. Tell him at the last minute and don't give many details. Be vague about where you're going, who will be there and when you will be home, and while you're out, don't answer his calls or text messages. Then, when you talk to him, tell him how great of a time you had.Have a spontaneous night with the girls.
- 4It doesn't matter how you mention another guy via text, but the sheer mention of other guys you know or are around when he's not there will be enough to make him jealous.Mention other guys.
- 5If you are used to texting each other in the mornings or at night, try disrupting the pattern. Miss saying it one morning and blame it on being too sleepy, or wait an extra while before sending your last text of the night.Change your texting habits.
- 6You can text whatever you want, depending on how jealous you are trying to make him. If you dare, you can even add "Xs and Os" to the message.Pretend to accidentally send a text message meant for another guy.
- 7Randomly bring up one of his friends while you are texting each other and ask a question about him. Keep it subtle at first and then inquire about his friend over and over. He will start to wonder if you like him or his friend.Ask him too many questions about one of his friends.
- 1Laugh at all their jokes in the cafeteria or find ways to touch them during a conversation. Spending time around other guys, and giving them your undivided attention will surely make him jealous.Flirt with your guy friends.
- 2He will get jealous if he thinks you have more chemistry with one of his friends than you do with him.Become friends with his friends.
- 3When you're together or in a group, bring up something new about another guy. Act like you think whatever the guy did was totally awesome and rave about how cool he is.Talk about other guys.
- 4Maybe it's the best-looking guy in class. Just stare at the other guy (without making eye contact if possible) and look away when he looks in your direction.Let him catch you looking at someone else.
- 5When he can see you talking to another guy, try twirling your hair, bending your knee or even giggling. This will make him think you are subconsciously flirting and will be jealous if he thinks it's really a crush.Use body language while talking to other guys.
- 6It might be for a school project or a group exercise but try to find a way to pair up with another guy or be on his team instead of your usual partner.Pair up with another guy on an assignment.
- 7Repeat that you heard a rumour that another guy has a crush on you. It will no doubt reach him and make him jealous you have captured another guy's attention.Make up a rumour that another guy has a crush on you.
- 8Don't always tell him what you're doing or where you're going. Make him wonder about you and try to figure you out.Be mysterious.
- 9Spend as much time as you can at school with your guy best friend and talk about how well you guys connect. Defend him at every opportunity and watch the jealousy brew.Get a guy best friend and hang out with him a lot.
- 10Change your look a bit. Change your hair or outfit or even wear clothing that's slightly more revealing. He will get jealous of all the attention you will get from other guys.Update your appearance.
In a Long-Distance Relationship
- 1Keep busy. Put in extra hours at your job or do more work in your free time. He will see how dedicated you are to your work while still trying hard to make time to talk to him and it will make him miss you even more.Dedicate yourself to your work.
- 2Take up something you have always wanted to try. This can be anything from learning how to rock climb to joining a girl band. Find something that you enjoy and derive fulfillment from and try it out for a while. It will not only keep you busy, it will also peak his curiosity. He will miss you even more when he hears how you are following your dreams independently.Pursue your own interests.
- 3Hang out with your friends and display your independence. Talk about the fun things you do with your friends and let him see how free-spirited you can be.Have a healthy social life.
- 4To make him miss you, sometimes you need to remind him of how great you guys are together. Try and arrange a visit, even a short one, to visit him and have a romantic date before you have to go back home. This will not only jog his memory of how happy he is to be with you, he will be missing you even more when you leave.Plan a trip to see him.
- 5Whether it's an anniversary, birthday or special occasion, pretend to forget an important date and be overly apologetic for it.Forget an important event.
- 6Don't give many details. Just make it sound like you are on cloud nine because you had such a great time with your friends. It could be about anything but it will make him wonder.Tell him about how great your night was.
- 7When you're talking pretend to zone out like something is on your mind and give him short answers. He will start to wonder what or who you're thinking of.Act distracted.
- 8Tell him what's new with the guy next door or brag about how awesome your buddy's new car is. He will get jealous that another guy has captured so much of your attention.Talk about other guys.
- 9Take a break from being the first to call for a while or wait for him to call you a second time to answer. He will start to realize you are being distant and wonder why.Don't call him for a while.
- 10The odds are that your boyfriend thinks at least one of your girlfriends is a bad influence on you, so spend more time with your girlfriends and tell him small details about your adventures.Spend more time with your girlfriends.
- 11It might be the name of someone you know or completely made-up. It's up to you.Call him by another guy's name 'accidentally.' Pretend to be very distracted and refer to him by a different guys name.
After The Smoke Clears
- 1Hang out with your friends, go on adventures and party it up. Get busy doing the things you enjoy and make lots of new friends in the process. It will bother him that you don't want or need him and have way more fun without him.Have a great time being single.
- 2Be as flirty as you want and remember, there are no rules. Have fun and do whatever you want. Let him see how much fun you are having with other guys and all of the attention they are giving you.Be flirty.
- 3Finally say yes to one of those guys who've been asking you out. Go to dinner, the movies or meet up for a coffee. However you do it, get out there and go on dates again. He will panic when he realizes you might be swept off your feet by a new man.Go on a date.
- 4If he crosses your path or tries to say hello, ignore him. Don't even answer if he drunk-dials you at 3 a.m. Don't pay any attention to him and let him worry about how quickly you got over him.Don't pay any attention to him.
- 5If he can see you around other guys try finding reasons to touch them a lot during your conversation. You can touch their arm while making a point, talk about their hair and run your fingers through it or playfully wrestle with them. Just let him see you being touchy with other guys.Touch other guys a lot when you talk to them.
- 6Get a makeover, get in shape or adopt a more revealing look. Whatever the case, he is bound to notice what he's missing.Update your appearance.
Questions and Answers
I need to make my crush jealous, but how?
I need to do this over text because he left my school about 2 years ago, and we still talk, but how do I make him jealous? I have tried: I made up a character and said that he asked me out, so he got all jealous and seemed cold about it. I think it was caused by: He keeps on telling me I love you, but I don't know if he means it in a friend way, or like a crush.
Guys do not randomly say I love you unless they mean it. It seems that he likes you far more than friendship because he has maintained a phone connection with you for 2 years. Since making up someone asking you out backfired, instead, text him photos of you and your friends having fun. Use phrases like "Wish you were here" with the photos. Here are some VisiHow articles to help you further:
- My boyfriend has a busy day at work. What are some sweet texts I can send him
- Write Sweet Goodnight Messages for Him
- Get a Busy Boyfriend's Attention
- Identify Signs That Your Boyfriend Is Just Playing Around with You
- Ask Your Boyfriend What His Plans Are Toward You Are
- Know if Your Best Friend Is Falling for You
How do we know if he is dating someone else?
He never likes my post but he likes another friend's posts. We went out together and also he introduced me as a couple to them but I still text him, we live in the same town she just comes to visit and leave. I have tried: Should I ignore that or continue as usual but since she left we never meet again just texting. I think it was caused by: They went fishing together and he has a woman roommate bring friends over and he is taking care of them. He took one day off, but I didn't take the day off to go with because I just want trust him, after that he seems distant, not inviting me to his house like before, maybe because his woman roommate drama he mentioned.
He is not dating someone else. He introduced you has his girlfriend to other people. Right now he may be distancing himself as you have assumed to avoid further drama with the roommate. When you said you were not going fishing with them, this may have made the roommate feel that you do not want to hang out with her. Make plans to hang out together with the roommate included. Try to make an effort to get along with her because she could make or break your relationship. Especially if she and your boyfriend are close.
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: Nuance, Maria Quinney, Gema hafez