Make a Fake Christmas Tree Look and Smell Real
Edited by abdoul sow, Robbi, Eng, JMA and 4 others
For many people, the Christmas tree is going to be one of the most important items that they will have during the holidays. This tree is going to be the main focal point in the home and it will be where gifts that have been wrapped with love will be strewn beneath. While some people will annually choose a real fir tree to decorate, others may choose to save time or the environment and use an artificial tree in its place. While choosing an artificial tree is perfectly acceptable, you will want to ensure that you are taking the steps to make it look as realistic as possible.
Setup the Tree
- 1Ideally, you will want to select a tree that has short needles mixed in with the long ones. It is important to understand that in nature, you don't have perfect lengths, and the best artificial trees are those that don't focus on absolute precision. Keep in mind, that larger trees will also look more realistic in comparison to smaller ones.The first step is to find a tree that is going to have an authentic looking appearance to begin with.
- 2This means adjusting the tips and branches in a manner that gives them a truly full look. Most artificial trees suffer because they have stiff blocks of branches that don't look real.Next, take your tree and begin to arrange the branches so that they appear fuller in the area away from the wall.
- 3You will want to ensure that branches are spread down, so they lawyer down along the fake trunk and so that they disguise the fake Christmas tree, so that even the most observant person doesn't realize they are being duped.The base of the tree will be your next area of concern, as this gives away the whole thing.
- 4The shadows and appearance will give the illusion that the tree is thicker and fuller. That will further distract from the fact that it is a fake tree. You will then want to wrap colorful lights around the edge of the tree branches to distract from the interior lights. Ideally, your multi colored lights will be about 75 lights, for every foot tall the tree is. That will make it seem like a warm and glowing tree.Then add more depth and shadow to the tree, by having white lights that wrap along the interior trunk of the tree.
- 5You need to ensure that any spaces or open areas have been hidden behind ornaments. It can be a good idea to use some of the larger bulbs to hide these areas, and remember that you should be placing your ornaments on the ends of the branches, as this will help to further create an authentic looking tree.Ornaments will be another important item to focus on.
- 6If you want to get really creative, you can take some clippings from pine trees and set them inside the tree a few hours before you have guests over, so the scent can fill the room. Just make sure that you remove them after the event to avoid a fire hazard.To achieve the fresh pine scent that people will be expecting, you can use Christmas tree spray that is designed for artificial trees, light some pine scented candles or find some pine diffusers and strategically place them in the room.
What Makes a Christmas Tree Look Elegant
- 1An overdecorated Christmas tree becomes too flashy and it draws the attention away from the tree's popular conical form. It also won't be able to stand firm because it is heavy.Right amount of décor.
- 2If you use very large Christmas light bulbs, that may tend to separate the tree leaves and that would not be appealing to look at. Make sure that you use the most appropriate bulbs for your lights and avoid those which are too animated.Huge Christmas light bulbs.
- 3Christmas trees are meant to be reused every year. However, if you are the type who don't really clean your tree before you install it, it may be better off just staying inside the box. Keep in mind that anything dirty won't be attractive at all.Well-maintained tree.
- 4Just like other pieces of furniture, the size of the Christmas tree should also be based on the overall size of the area that you will be placing it on. If you have a small living room, for example, it may not look right if you will have a very huge true, with huge Christmas balls and way too may lights and other accessories. The size of your Christmas tree should very well complement the area. While huge trees are nice, consider still what is in fact appropriate for your house.Inappropriate size.
- 5What's really nice about Christmas trees is that there seems to be no particular rule as to how to make one. You can use a fake tree or you can use a real pine tree and decorate it according to your taste. The possibilities are endless. Also, some families like to use certain symbols in their trees and that make it all the more special. For example, they will hang Christmas balls with important values that the parents are trying to instill in the minds of their children. Some families even use the Christmas tree as a family tree and instead of Christmas balls, they would hang photos of relatives instead. The more personalized and carefully thought-off it is, the more elegant it looks and the more memories it brings about.Personal touch.
Recent edits by: MsBarbs, Christine dela Cruz, Lynn