Make Your Own Perfume
Edited by Maria Sharon Ubando, Graeme, Eng, Lynn and 5 others
Would you like to have your own line of scent? You've heard of celebrities having their own perfume line, like Rihanna, Celine Dion, Paris Hilton and many others. Do you think it would be cool if you have one too? There is nothing wrong being ambitious, for you'll really never know if you don't try. But before you imagine and start counting how how many bucks you'll be making out of a bottle of your own perfume, practice and master the craft first. Let this article help you. Maybe there was a time when you got tired of using the same scents everyday. While you have your favorite perfume, there are times when it just does not exactly carry the smell or aroma that we want. So, what about creating your own scent with your personal touch? Perfumes can be created from flowers or essential oils and you can decide which one satisfies your olfactory nerves more.
- 1 How to Make Perfume From Essential Oils
- 2 Steps
- 3 How to make Perfume From Flowers
- 4 Steps
- 5 How to Make Perfume with Herbs
- 6 Steps
- 7 How to Create your Own Perfume: Saving the Pocket from Fancy Perfumes
- 8 Questions and Answers
- 9 Comments
How to Make Perfume From Essential Oils
Things You'll Need:
- 1Essential oil of your choice (vanilla, lemon, orange, lavender, jasmine, cinnamon, mint, and chamomile are just a few examples)
- 2Non-pungent oil base
- 3Cute perfume bottles
- 1Fill your bottle with three quarters of your desired base oil.
- 2Right after every drop, you need to shake the bottle. Check the smell every time you drop in essential oil, for the smell might turn out to be very strong.Add a few drops of your the essential oil you have selected.
- 3When the scent is too strong, add a drop of orange oil, for it is believed to neutralize strong scents.
- 4Now you are ready to use your customized perfume.Seal the bottle with a cork and leave it for at least 48 hours.
How to make Perfume From Flowers
If you love the floral scent, you may also want to have a personalized perfume using your favorite flower.
Things You'll Need:
- 1Odorless base oil
- 2Flower of your choice
- 3Perfume oil
- 1Collect your choice of flowers (stems removed).
- 2In a jar, pour odorless oil in to fill it.
- 3Add the flowers into the oil.
- 4The scent is at its strongest after six weeks.Seal the jar and leave it for few weeks.
- 5It is now ready to use.With a filter, pour the perfume into your bottle.
How to Make Perfume with Herbs
Things You'll Need:
- 1Herbs like lavender and rosemary
- 3Mortar and pestle
- 5Perfume bottle
- 1Collect all the herbs of your choice.
- 2With a mortar and pestle, grind the herbs together.
- 3Drop 10-11 parts of water into the ground herbs.
- 4Add a drop of alcohol.
- 5Get rid of the leaves and stems with a strainer.
- 6Transfer the mixture into your spray bottle.
Stop spending a fortune on perfumes. Let your creativity out and create your masterpiece.
How to Create your Own Perfume: Saving the Pocket from Fancy Perfumes
Perfume has been in the circulation for thousands of years already. This implies how smart the ancestors of the humanity is, since they found a way how to smell great just by using simple mixtures. From the ancient times until today, the love of humanity for perfumes can never be denied.
However, not every perfume enthusiast is aware that there are perfumes that contain harsh chemicals. These chemicals could truly trick the sense of smell, giving an impression that what is being smelled is out of natural scents.
Due to the Federal Fair Packaging Act of 1973, several manufacturers of perfumes are happy because they could use a loophole. Because of this act, there is no need for them to provide a list of each and every ingredient that they use in creating their masterpieces.
Because of this weapon or loophole, manufacturers of perfumes could create products that smell natural, but in reality, the ingredients are unnatural. For instance, a perfume manufacturer could create a lavender smelling fragrance, without using actual lavender essences. What makes this fact more staggering is that chemicals used in creating perfumes could cause a variety of medical conditions like allergic reactions, as well as sensitivities, for instance but not limited to, runny nose, rashes, sneezing, and dry skin.
So why endure the harmful effects of chemically based perfumes, if one could make at home? For centuries already, essential oils are being used in order to create magnificent fragrances. As a matter of fact, even though the maker only uses one essential oil, it would suffice in order to have a fragrant perfume. Below are dimple DIY steps that could aid perfume enthusiasts in making their own fragrant.
- 1Essential oils (chosen by maker) for the base, middle and top note
- 2Glass bottle for the mixture (range from glass vial, roll-on, and spray bottle)
- 3Carrier oil like high proof alcohol, jojoba oil or the widely preferred doTERRA fractionated coconut oil.
- 5Paper and pen for recording the amounts of the drops
The Process of Perfume Making
- 1Put a couple of drops in the preferred container (maker should make sure that the drop amounts will be recorded).Start with putting an essential oil for the base note.
- 2Maker should smell the mixture every time he/she adds a drop. Note: If maker prefers to have a stronger middle note, he/she should put more drops. Again, maker should note the number of drops.Second is the essential oil for the middle note, put in accordance to the preferred number of drops.
- 3Again, maker should smell every time he/she adds a drop or more.Third is the essential oil for the top note.
- 4For instance, if there are 10 drops for the base note, 10 for the middle note, and 10 for the top note, which is equal to 30 drops, 30 must be multiplied by 4, so there will be 120 drops of carrier oil. To ensure accurate amount of drops, dropper must be used.Once the maker achieved the desired fragrance, the drops must be by 4 in order to get the total number of drops for the carrier oil, which is the next one to be added.
- 5It's possible to make adjustments, like adding oils even after the maturing stage.Maker should let the mixture blend for about 2 up to4 days.
Questions and Answers
How to make the best perfume for sell?
Dear Sir, I am from Myanmar. I don't have money so I can't own a business. I thought If I make own perfume, I can get money. But I don't know how to make the best perfume. I need your help. Thank you. Best Regards
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Soap & Perfume Making
Recent edits by: Jen M, Alma, JMA