Make Your Makeup Last Longer
Edited by Seighart, Charmed, Eng, Christine dela Cruz
One of the main things when you are applying your make up is making sure that it stays on and stays the way you wanted to all day. Here are some tips to make your Makeup last:
- 1Don't overload your face with skin products - Make sure you don't apply too much layers of skin products before you apply your foundation.
- 2Use Treatment mask - Use this at least once a week so that it will remove those excess oil on your face.
- 3Use Mineral Foundation - These foundations tend to stay longer than the natural ones.
- 4You can also use an eye primer; you will just need a tiny little squirt that goes all over the lead, just make sure it is applied evenly. There also eye primers that go underneath the eye so that you can apply concealer over the top.Apply Primers - Make sure you are using one on all over your face, which hides fine lines and pores that will increases longevity.
- 5Wash your face - Make sure to properly wash your face with the proper cleanser then apply moisturizer before putting primer.
- 6These makeups usually stays longer than those ordinary ones.Use Waterproof formulas - Waterproof eyeliners, eyeshadows, lipcolors.
- 7Use Oil free formulas - These formulas does not last longer.
- 8Use Long Wear - Same as waterproof and oil free formulas these really last longer.
- 9Make sure that it fills in the areas that you missed and smooth everything out.Use Setting Powder - Use it when you are done with your make up.
- 10Use Setting Spray - These are like your hairspray it does not only make the make up last longer, it also gives you fresh and natural skin
- 11Carry a blotting paper if you have an oily skin - This will help you remove oil on your skin in which can make your make up disappear.
- 12Remove at the end of the day - Make sure to remove it before you sleep as it may cause skin irritation and problems.
Common Makeup Pet Peeves
- 1If you don't eat or drink the whole day, you probably won't have any problem keeping your lips with lipstick. However, most of the time, this is not the case. Once sip of your coffee or one bite on your burger can easily smudge your lipstick and you will need to reapply. There are lipsticks which are said to stay on your lips for hours because it does not transfer easily, but these are usually the ones which are very very dry on the lips and feel uncomfortable to wear.Lipstick that never stays too long.
- 2Face powder is a good addition to basic daily makeup. However, if you apply it carelessly, it can also make you look rather awkward. Also, it is important to make sure that the color of your neck blends well with your face. Apply face powder on your neck as well. Another thing difficult in the application of face powder is when you have to reapply it while your face is already oily. It will be very difficult to keep it balanced when your face is already oily. Also, this kind of practice may also lead to acne or pimples because your are basically enclosing or trapping dirt and oil underneath the powder. It also makes your skin unable to breathe well.Face powder that looks too blotchy.
- 3Not all concealers are easy to apply. The liquid-based ones are relatively easier although they are also known to smear faster, especially if the weather is hot. The stick type concealers are usually lasting for a long time, although you really have to be very good when applying. Otherwise, it will not look too smooth and it will make your face look really cakey and heavy.Concealer that does not really conceal.
- 4Eye makeup is really nice, especially when it's done the right way. It can significantly affect ones looks. However, since it goes very near the eyes, these eye makeups can easily cause irritation and it becomes very uncomfortable to wear makeup after that. It is very important that one buys a hypoallergenic eye makeup, especially if you know you have very sensitive eyes.Eye makeup that cause eye irritation.