Make Provencal Vegetable Soup
Edited by Shiza Ahmed, Charmed, Robbi, Inukshuk and 1 other
Do you like soup? Is there anyone who doesn't feel comforted when they walk into the house to smell the warm and welcoming smell of vegetable soup and home baked bread. This recipe of a very delicious and healthy vegetable soup is one that you will make over and over. Soup is very popular especially when it is cold and if you are sick but this soup that I will be presenting to you is not only for winter season or when you're sick but something tasty and enjoyable in any season.
- 450g ( 1 LB ) courgettes.
- 350g ( 1 2 oz ) leeks.
- 659g (1 1/2 lb) large tomatoes.
- 175g ( 6 oz ) carrots.
- 350g ( 12 oz ) onions.
- 450g ( 1 lb ) young runner beans.
- 450g ( 1 lb ) young broad beans.
- 225g ( 8 0z ) French Beans.
- 225g ( 8 0z ) tin of flageolet.
- 2 litres ( 3 1/2 pints ) cold water.
- 100g ( 4 oz ) Broken macaroni.
- 25g ( 1 oz ) fresh basil.
- 4 cloves garlic.
- 125g ( 5 oz ) freshly.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil.
- 1Wash, top and tail the courgettes, do not peel. Clean and peel or trim leeks, tomatoes, carrots and onions and chop all into small chunky pieces.Now let's start!
- 2Drain the flageolet beans. Put all together in a large soup pan, add cold water,2 tea- spoons salt and place over a medium heat. .Top and tail the beans and cut into 1-m (1/2-in ) lengths.
- 3Slowly bring to boiling point and skim off forth that arise to the surface is clear.
- 4Reduce the heat and simmer slowly, uncovered, until vegetables are soft.
- 5Mean while cook the macaroni in slated water until half cooked, drain and add to the pistou 10 minutes before serving.
- 1Wash the basil, shake dry and pick the leaves from the stalks.
- 2Peel the garlic and pound in mortar, adding the basil leaves a few at a time.
- 3When reduced to a paste add 125g ( 5 oz ) of cheese gradually and continue pounding until the mixture is thick and soft.
- 4Now beat in the oil drop by drop as for mayonnaise, until the pomade resembles a thick cream.
- 1Bring the soup to boiling point and remove the pan from heat.
- 2Take a ladleful of soup and add it gradually to the Pommade stirring continually with a wire whisk, add a little more and when incorporated return this mixture gradually to the pan.
- 3Mix well and ladle immediately into very hot soup plates. Sprinkle each one with Grated Gruyere and serve with French bread crisped for 5 minutes in a very hot oven.This must be done carefully or it will curdle.
Questions and Answers
What can I add to vegetable soup to make it even better?
You can use some butter to make your soup smell better and it will taste creamier and more flavorful. Another way is to add more celeries as that will make the aroma of your soup more inviting.
Thicker soup are also most of the time better than those thinner ones. You can add more cornstarch to make it thicker.
Categories : Soups
Recent edits by: Inukshuk, Robbi, Charmed