Make Homemade Liquid Fabric Softener
Edited by Witz Taluban, Robbi, Lynn, Christine dela Cruz and 2 others
Fabric conditioner works wonders on your clothes, after applying, it leaves your clothes smelling fresh and clean. While it makes sense to purchase commercial fabric softeners, they may not come cheap. Commercial fabric softeners contain materials which could wreck havoc on our beloved environment, and even more, most of them are not as eco-friendly as they are often portrayed in commercials. They may even cause allergic reactions and damage to skin. If you do not want any complications, you could opt for making your very own homemade liquid fabric softener. Basically a homemade fabric softener is comprised of two main ingredients, baking soda and vinegar, but you can also add a twist by mixing in some essential oils to imitate the fresh scent of the commercial ones. Now let's begin the journey and I will guide you through!
- 1Stir the ingredients in a thorough manner, doing so until you notice that no conditioner lumps appear in the solution. Let the solution cool down, and funnel the ingredients into a tightly sealed container.Mix six cups of water, three cups of vinegar, five drops of your favorite essential oil and two cups of conditioner (the ones used for your hair) in a huge bowl, preferably made of steel or tin so it can handle the heat.
- 2You will want to use a funnel for transferring the mixture into your chosen air tight container.
- No allergic reactions can be produced in using such solution.
- If you want to make dryer sheets. Get a spray bottle, fill it with the same solution, then take a cloth, spray a good amount of solution on it, and rub it in evenly on the clothes for optimal output.
- Never use bleach concurrently while using the solution. This would produce volatile vapors which can harm you.
- Pour the vinegar in a slow and deliberate manner, as this would make fizzling appear less.
Things You'll Need
- two cups hair conditioner,
- three cups white vinegar
- hot water.
- essential oils (an example would be lavender)
Advantages of Using Fabric Softener
- 1Since fabric softener makes your clothes so soft and smooth, you will notice that it will fall on your body in a nice way as well. It won't be too stiff and at the same time, it won't be too clingy as well. It will stay in good shape as it hugs onto your body.It helps make your clothes easier to manage.
- 2Static on clothes is one of the most common problems, especially during winter time. Fabric softener will help reduce this on your clothes. Therefore, you will be able to avoid those embarrassing moments that you clothes just look too crumpled because it keeps on clinging on the wrong places.It helps to remove static.