Level-Up Your Faith
Edited by Ann General, Eng, Lynn, Nuance
Faith, in the dictionary, is defines as; trusting or believing something or someone, without having to see physical evidence. Feeling is not just a "gut instinct", it's a tangible truth accepted by the body - feelings that have the power and ability to accept everything that comes from God's. It gives you the conviction and confidence in something or someone without having any scientific or conclusive proof of their existence.
"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." (Hebrews 11:1)
Why Faith is Important?
- 1Trusting the Lord to save you requires faith. Believing and trusting that all His words will come true requires faith, regardless of what you have heard and seen from the people around you. You cannot please God without believing in Him, and He blesses those who always seek Him and the truth.Receive Salvation.
- 2Faith is a daily battle we go through to maintain our relationship with God. It takes a lot of energy and trust for it to be successful. It brings you to be closer to Him, which makes it easier for you to turn your life around when you're struggling. Losing close contact with God is the same as falling into a dark place.A Closer Relationship with God.
- 3Having faith gives you the ability to see through things, even at their worst. It gives you the strength to deal with whatever obstacles you're facing, because you know that you are not alone and you will never be alone. We learn how to fight and we're strengthened by each problem. It gives you the confidence to face every trial, because you know that God has your back and that if things went wrong, he will be there to make everything right.Makes You Stronger.
- 4Having faith adds to your desire to serve the Lord, because you understand that as His child, it is your duty to serve and praise Him at all times. Serving Him might require sacrifices too, but you should be reminded that sacrificing is part of your Christian life. And always remember that sacrificing one thing is not losing it, but instead, you should think of it as passing it to someone else.Blesses You with Fire to Serve God.
- 5It gives you a humble heart for those who have harmed you, because you are the child of God, who's a God of love, generosity and forgiveness. We shouldn't ever let our hatred paralyze us.Helps You Forgive Others.
- 6Love is worth everything! As a child of the living God, it gives you the power to love, forgive and respect other people, even those who have harmed you. Do things that come from the heart and you will be overwhelmed with what comes back to you. Your love isn't something that should be limited to you and to your family. Love is a blessing that should be shared and spread as much as you can.Gives You the Power to Love.
- 7With having faith with our Lord comes the promise of blessing. And as you claim that God will shower you with blessings, this leads your heart to shower others with blessings too. Do things that come from within and you will be richly rewarded.A Quality to Share.
- 8Faith means patience too, and having the ability to wait for the right time and right answer for everything that you asked or prayed for. Life always has ways of testing a person's will, and we always have to prove that we're worthy of it.Having the Ability to Wait.
What Life Looks Like Without Faith?
- 1Praying to the Lord requires faith that He is listening and He will answer your prayer. But if the prayer is full of questions and doubts, surely God won't listen, and you will not get the blessing and salvation that has been promised for those who believe in Him.Failure to Receive His Promise.
- 2Not believing in God is the same as not believing in love. People who do not know what love is, have always found reasons to be angry with the world; even with his family and friends. Living without love is like a fish swimming without his fins.Failure to Love.
- 3Since you do not believe in Him, serving Him ended up being a responsibility instead of a privilege. You look at it as a waste of time and energy instead of just doing it because it is the right thing to do.Failure to Serve God.
- 4Sharing and giving is the result of loving. Being unable to share your blessings will result in the blessings to stop flowing toward you. This is also where the inability to acknowledge the blessings that God gave you comes in. Don't let this happen, because by the time you realize what sharing is, you might not have anything left to give.Failure to Share.
- 5Holding grudges against someone that hurts you does not do any harm to them. Instead, it's like a curved blade that hurts you instead. A heart that's full of anger is a place that is full of darkness. You have to learn how to let go before your anger gets a hold of you.Failure to Forgive.
- 6Not having faith results in not having the trust to cope with difficulties. When faced with problems, you may find it hard to seek strength from anyone. Instead of seeing the situation as a challenge, you look at it as a burden on your life and you can't find anything positive about it.Failure to Survive Difficulties.
- 7Not having faith can make you vulnerable to temptation. The world is full of evil, eyeing those people who seem always unaware.Failure to Fight with Temptation.
Ways to Boost Your Faith
- 1It is said that reading the Bible before starting your daily routine tends to give you a better view and mood for the rest of your day. By reading the Bible, you will also know God better and will find all the promises He gave to all of His believers.
- 4Act on Your Faith.
- 6Love Each Other.
Questions and Answers
Its not a question, I'm seeking for God.
I want to go deeper, what I really need is guidance, chronological guidance, and how will I teach my kids about God if I'm lost? I have faith in God. I want it to be stronger. I have tried: I'm attending the Living Word Church every Sunday and Tuesday for fellowship for the youth ministry. I think it was caused by: There is no problem I guess I just want to go deeper with God
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Christianity
Recent edits by: Lynn, Eng, Ann General