Keep your iPhone from dying
Edited by Jerry Rivers, Charmed, Eng
The iPhone is still very popular for all its convenience, ergonomics and applications. It was the pioneer in touch screen technology and smartphone operating systems with its iOS, and set the standard for all other smartphones. The iPhone design is comfortably slim and lightweight, with the latest iPhone5S even slimmer. This iPhone boasts even better features with a revamped control center for convenient access to menu settings, and new Siri voices. Reportedly, the latest iPhone will be only a tad heavier for a good reason. It will have a bigger battery, with a touted longer life. Unless it is a drastic improvement, the iPhone will still have relatively short life compared to other smartphones today. So, what can you do about this for your iPhone? Here are several tips to give your iPhone added life.
- 1Purchase a battery pack
- 2Update the latest software
- 3This is a trim, lightweight attachment that adds little to the weight (2.44 oz) of your iPhone, and will double its life before next recharging. IT and mobile market have variant types and brands of those, For example, I personally like the Mophie Juice Pack series which offers five different battery packs. There is one that is right for your iPhone, with prices ranging from $80 to $150. The $80 model is the the Mophie Juice Pack Air®, and the $150 is the Mophie Juice Pack Pro®: *Mophie Juice Pack Air®: With its exclusive external 1500mAh battery this is a battery pack ideal if you are always on the move. It features an attractive two-tone protective metallic case for your iPhone. *Mophie Juice Pack Pro® Outdoor: With its outdoor app, this model instantly turns your iPhone into a GPS device. It has a durable battery case. So,if you are a traveler or explorer, this battery pack is for your iPhone. With the Mophie attached you can expect an additional: 7 hours of internet time, 6 hours of talk time, 30 hours of audio playback, and 7 hours of video playbackUse a battery pack.
- 4Adjust settings.
- Turn off WiFi - Having your WiFi setting on will sap a lot of energy. When you are not needing the internet, or in a low signal area keeping it off will add life to your iPhone.
- Dim the brightness - Go to Settings
- Then Brightness & Wallpaper.
- Then set Auto Brightness to "On"
- Use location services less
- 5You can retrieve email in another way if you have a push mail account.Turn off the "Push Mail".
- To disable just go to Settings
- Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Fetch New Data, then press Push off.
- You will still receive messages, but via Fetch Global.
- 6Turn off the "Push Notifications".
- Go to Settings
- Notifications, then turn off selected apps.
- You will still receive any notifications once you open these applications.
- 7Apple is always finding ways to make its iPhone better, and may well have a way to optimize your iPhone life as you read this.Software updates.
- Simply left click "Update".
- Wirelessly. if you have iOS5 or a newer version, go to Settings > General > Software Update, then follow the instructions.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Charmed, Jerry Rivers