Install WhatsApp on PC for Windows 10
Edited by Sam, VisiHow, Eng, Jay and 1 other
WhatsApp is arguably the most popular global messaging system on the internet with more than a billion registered users. Unfortunately, it requires a SIM card to work, which means that you normally can't use WhatsApp on a desktop PC or on an iPad. This creates problems for some users, because while there's almost nothing your mobile phone can't do these days, there are quite a few things your Windows 10 PC still does better. One of those things is keyboard-typing instead of touchscreen-tapping. Thanks to BlueStacks, you can now run WhatsApp from Google Play Store on your desktop or laptop PC, amazing your friends with how fast you can write and answer messages. In the tutorial below, we will show you everything you need to know to get started with WhatsApp on your PC. However, before you can use WhatsApp from your desktop, you need three things:
- download and install BlueStacks on your Windows 10 PC;
- set up a BlueStacks account on your Windows 10 PC;
- Have a phone that can receive an SMS message from WhatsApp.
Download and Install WhatsApp for PC
Before you can use WhatsApp, you need to download and install it from BlueStacks. This is because BlueStacks is an emulator. Without BlueStacks, WhatsApp won't run natively on your PC; and you'll have to use the web application instead.
- 8The speed depends on your Internet connection. Once WhatsApp has been downloaded, BlueStacks will automatically install the WhatsApp messenger. The speed of the installation depends on your computer. Proceed to the next section to set up WhatsApp on your computer.Wait for the download and installation process to finish.
Setup WhatsApp for PC
Now that WhatsApp has been downloaded and installed to your computer, you can set it up. In order to set up WhatsApp, you need to have an internet connection and a mobile phone with a working telephone number. This is so that you can receive the SMS from WhatsApp and enter the information into WhatsApp on your Windows 10 PC with BlueStacks.
- If you do not receive an SMS message from WhatsApp to your mobile phone, don't worry. There is an option to have WhatsApp call you with a code to set up the app. Just click the call option. Then, write down the verification code and enter it into WhatsApp to get connected.
- Sometimes, contacts might not immediately synchronize from BlueStacks to your mobile. Usually, restarting WhatsApp corrects this.
- If you receive images or files on your PC through WhatsApp, deleting them from WhatsApp means they will not be available on your mobile later.
- If you need help using the web application for WhatsApp, please view our tutorial on how to use WhatsApp on computer with a web browser.