Install SIM Card and Battery on Samsung Galaxy S4
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Charmed, Lynn, Jerry Rivers and 9 others
To enjoy network services, you need to have a SIM or USIM card inserted and supported by your phone. The process includes removing and putting back the battery so you can also use this a guide on how to remove and put back your battery
- 1 How to Use the Samsung Galaxy S4
- 2 Installing the SIM Card and the Battery
- 3 Take note
- 4 Removing the SIM Card and the Battery
- 5 What Kind of SIM Card Fits
- 6 What Kind of Battery Fits
- 7 Battery Types Supported / Replacement Batteries
- 8 Common problems fitting SIM into Samsung Galaxy S4
- 9 Comments
How to Use the Samsung Galaxy S4
This is part of the Howikis on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S4. The link to the mother howikis is here - USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4
Installing the SIM Card and the Battery
The steps below will guide you on installing a SIM card on your Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Make sure that your phone is allowed to use the SIM card that you will be inserting. If it is not, you may need to have an unlocking service for it.
- Do not put a memory card in the SIM card slot. In the event that you erroneously inserted a memory card on the SIM slot, remove the memory card by using a small pin making sure that you do not damage any part.
Removing the SIM Card and the Battery
The steps below will guide you on removing a SIM card on your Samsung Galaxy S4.
- 1Remove your phone's back cover.
- 2Pull out the battery.
- 3Using the space on the SIM card slot, push the SIM card out of the SIM card slot to pull it out.
What Kind of SIM Card Fits
If you are wondering what type of SIM card fits to Samsung Galaxy S4, then the answer is a micro SIM card. You can get your own micro SIM card by:
- 1Buying a new micro SIM card.
- 2Cutting a regular SIM card to make it into a micro SIM card.
Cut your own micro SIM card from a common mini SIM
- 2Print it in a 100% scale using a DIN A4 Paper.
- 3Use a double-sided tape to attach your SIM card firmly on the first template (MiniSIM (2FF) to MicroSIM (3FF).
- 4Use a ruler and pencil draw the outline of the lines that will be the guide in cutting the Mini SIM.
- 5Use a sharp cutter (or any sharp tool) to cut your Mini SIM along the outlined lines.
- 6Smooth the edges using a file or a sandpaper after the procedure
- Note: Be concise with your movements so you will not damage the SIM card. You ask someone who is skilled in cutting to do the procedures for you.
Retaining your Own Number
You can actually buy a new micro SIM card and retain your own number. Call your network's customer care and ask for the service. There will be a minimal fee and you will be asked for some documents. This will also apply when you accidentally damaged your SIM card during the cutting procedure above.
What Kind of Battery Fits
Samsung Galaxy S4 uses a 2600 mAh Lithium Ion battery to withstand S4's processing power for hours. It has an NFC antenna, allowing your device to communicate with other devices and accessories that has the NFC technology.
Battery Types Supported / Replacement Batteries
The only battery that can be used is made specifically for the Samsung Galaxy S4, so you cannot use other models' batteries on it. However, replacement batteries are available so you can get one at a cheaper price.
Common problems fitting SIM into Samsung Galaxy S4
There are mainly two reasons why one has problems of fitting a SIM Card into Samsungs Galaxy S4. These are:
- 1The SIM card is designed to be fool-proof. You can not insert a SIM the wrong way unless you force it. If you are having problems fitting a SIM card to your phone, check on these suggestions on how to insert a SIM card to S4:Wrong SIM positioning.
- SIM card is positioned with the terminal facing up. No matter how you position the SIM, there is no way that it will fit to the SIM slot on your phone. SIM card's terminal should be facing down when you insert it to your phone so that it will come in contact with your phone's SIM terminal reader.
- SIM card, though positioned at terminals facing down, is inserted the wrong way. The side with the angle should go in first. If inserted the wrong way, you will not have a fit for the SIM card and you cannot install the battery on your phone.
- 2If you have checked and made sure that your SIM is facing the right side and the angled portion is inserted first but cannot, still, fit the SIM card to your phone, then you may want to check on your SIM as you may be using the wrong type:File:HOW TO CORRECTLY INSERT A SIM CARD TO GALAXY S4 3.pngWrong type of SIM card used.
- Samsung Galaxy S4, as discussed above, uses a micro SIM card (the second picture). Make sure that you use it and not the Mini-SIM nor the Nano SIM.
- If you have a micro SIM that was manually cut from a Mini SIM, double check that you have correctly done it. Check for unpolished edges that's causing the SIM not to fit in the SIM slot.
- If you have a Nano-SIM, you can use a Nano SIM to Micro SIM adapter. You can buy one at Nano SIM Shop or at Amazon and eBay.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: DeleteQnA, VC, Nuance