Install SIM Card and Battery on Samsung Galaxy S4
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Charmed, Lynn, Jerry Rivers and 9 others
To enjoy network services, you need to have a SIM or USIM card inserted and supported by your phone. The process includes removing and putting back the battery so you can also use this a guide on how to remove and put back your battery
How to Use the Samsung Galaxy S4
This is part of the Howikis on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S4. The link to the mother howikis is here - USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4
Installing the SIM Card and the Battery
The steps below will guide you on installing a SIM card on your Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Make sure that your phone is allowed to use the SIM card that you will be inserting. If it is not, you may need to have an unlocking service for it.
- Do not put a memory card in the SIM card slot. In the event that you erroneously inserted a memory card on the SIM slot, remove the memory card by using a small pin making sure that you do not damage any part.
Removing the SIM Card and the Battery
The steps below will guide you on removing a SIM card on your Samsung Galaxy S4.
- 1Remove your phone's back cover.
- 2Pull out the battery.
- 3Using the space on the SIM card slot, push the SIM card out of the SIM card slot to pull it out.
SIM card type supported
Samsung Galaxy S4 uses the micro SIM card. You can get your own micro SIM card by:
- 1Buying a new micro SIM card.
- 2Cutting a regular SIM card to make it into a micro SIM card.
Cut your own micro SIM card from a common mini SIM
- 2Print it in a 100% scale using a DIN A4 Paper.
- 3Use a double-sided tape to attach your SIM card firmly on the first template (MiniSIM (2FF) to MicroSIM (3FF).
- 4Use a ruler and pencil draw the outline of the lines that will be the guide in cutting the Mini SIM.
- 5Use a sharp cutter (or any sharp tool) to cut your Mini SIM along the outlined lines.
- 6Smooth the edges using a file or a sandpaper after the procedure
- Note: Be concise with your movements so you will not damage the SIM card. You ask someone who is skilled in cutting to do the procedures for you.
Retaining your Own Number
You can actually buy a new micro SIM card and retain your own number. Call your network's customer care and ask for the service. There will be a minimal fee and you will be asked for some documents. This will also apply when you accidentally damaged your SIM card during the cutting procedure above.
Battery type supported
Samsung Galaxy S4 uses a 2600 mAh Lithium Ion battery to withstand S4's processing power for hours. It has an NFC antenna, allowing your device to communicate with other devices and accessories that has the NFC technology. Batteries of Samsung Galaxy S4 are designed specifically for the device so you cannot use other models' batteries on it. Replacement batteries are available so you can get one at a cheaper price.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: DeleteQnA, VC, Nuance