Install Google Apps On Android Device
Edited by Saira, Lynn, Eng, Christine dela Cruz and 5 others
Google apps are the proprietary apps included in almost every Android device. While installing an official ROM, there is no need to install Google apps separately as they are already included in the firmware, but while installing a custom ROM, Google apps are not included. Google Apps basically consists of about seven to eight apps in one package, depending on the version you are about to install. It usually includes Google Play Store, Google Talk, Gmail, Google Sync, Google Back-up, Google Maps, Google Search and YouTube. You can find almost all of these apps in the Google Play Store, except the Play Store itself, but installing them one at a time can be quite a task, so to make it easier, just follow the instructions below to download all of these Google Apps for all Android versions in one action.
- 1Do not extract the file. Download GApps, according to the version you want to install.
- 2Do not download to your phone's memory.Copy and paste the downloaded file to the root of your SD card.
- 3Power off your device.
- 4Depending on your device, there are different ways to get into recovery mode.Turn your device on - in recovery mode.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Select the GApps according to the Android version that the custom ROM is based on.
- Any custom or stock recovery must be installed on your device.
- Google apps are mostly necessary for CyanogenMod only, as any other custom ROM will give you the OTA update for Google Apps.
- Make sure your battery is at least half charged before beginning.
Most Popular and Frequently-Used Google Apps
- 1The popularity of Google Mail has overtaken Yahoo when it comes to both personal, and office use. Google Mail was the first to be able to prevent the influx of a lot of spam. Google Mail also allows for companies to create their company mail through the Google Mail domain. This has made Google Mail extremely useful for companies and those who are doing freelance work.Google Mail.
- 2Along with Google Mail being used for business purposes, Google Drive has been recognized as a very efficient tool to enhance productivity. You can drop your files there and even when you move to another device, you will still be able to access those files easily wherever you log in to your Google Drive account. You also do not need to create a separate account as long as you have your Google account, you can basically use this for all other apps.Google Drive.
- 3This is another very useful app used for the office. When you upload a file to your Google Drive you are free to share this file with people. You can also allow the people you share it with to edit the file - or you can make it a "read only" file. This is very useful when you are collaborating on a project because one person can edit a file and you will be notified, and can see it right away. You can actually watch while someone modifies the doc. All changes made to the file are immediately saved and so you do not need to spend time having to exchange emails and marking the revisions you have made so the other person can see it.Google Docs.
- 4Traveling and getting around in unfamiliar places was much more difficult before Google Maps was around. Instead of fighting with a map in the car, all you need to do is type in the address of your origin and then the destination and it will automatically give you the directions as well as choosing the appropriate mode (driving, walking, bus/train). This works very well in the US and Canada, but with some countries, you are still might want to have a map handy as well. This functions much like a GPS in that it will point you exactly where to go, and it will detect whether you are getting lost or not.Google Maps.
Questions and Answers
Categories : Pages with broken file links
Recent edits by: Nuance, Calob Horton, Dougie