Inserting SIM card on iPhone 5
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Eng, Jen M, srilakshmi and 9 others
- 1 iPhone 5 is the fifth generation of Apple's very famous phone, the iPhone. The phone comes with a four-inch retina display and runs on an A6 processor chip. This is part of the Howikis on how to use the iPhone 5. The link to the mother Howiki is here - Use iPhone 5
- 2 Inserting a SIM card into iPhone 5 Sim Slot
- 3 Things to Remember
- 4 Removing a SIM card from the iPhone 5 Sim Slot
- 5 Things to Remember
- 6 Comments
To be able to use network services such as voice mails, short messaging service (SMS), multi-media messaging service (MMS), other network services and data services, you need to have subscribed to a supported network provider. Some iPhones that are issued by a network service provider may have the feature built-in within the phone thus there is no need for a SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) card. However, most iPhone 5 needs a SIM card inserted to it in order to enjoy network services.
This Howiki will discuss on how to insert and remove a SIM card from and to your iPhone 5.
Inserting a SIM card into iPhone 5 Sim Slot
iPhone's SIM card slot is quite more complicated than most phones. However, by following the steps below, you can easily insert a SIM card on your iPhone 5.
Things to Remember
- For SIM operated models, iPhone 5 requires a Nano SIM. This is more smaller than the more common Micro SIM. You can either buy a Nano SIM card or cut a Micro SIM card into a Nano SIM Card size by following this Howiki - Cut Your Own Nano SIM for iPhone 5
- Make sure that the SIM Card inserted is supported by your phone. If it is not, have it unlocked by an expert.
- In case you lost your SIM ejector, a small pin like a hair pin or paper clips may do the job.
- In case your phone will not recognize the SIM Card, re-insert it or restart your iPhone 5.
Removing a SIM card from the iPhone 5 Sim Slot
Should you feel the need to remove the SIM card from your iPhone 5, simply following these steps should do the task smoothly.
Things to Remember
- Make sure that the removed SIM is protected against sunlight or moisture to prevent it from damage.
- Without the SIM card, you may not be able to enjoy your network's services.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: DeleteQnA, Maria Quinney, Alma