How to close background applications on ios 7 iphone 5s, 5c,5,4s,4 and ios 6
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Eulalee, Charmed, Lhynne27 and 7 others
You may not know it but some applications may be running on your phone's background. These applications cause your phone to function slightly slower than expected since some background applications eats resources. Though not all background applications should be closed all the time, some applications may need to be closed in order to give your phone a breathing space. This Howiki will discuss on how to show the active applications panel and how to close background application on iPhone 5.
Showing Active Applications Panel
The active application panel shows the list of applications currently running and using your phone's resources including the internet data. To view the active application on it, including the panel itself, check on these instructions:
- 3From the list, you can now proceed on closing or opening any desired application listed.
Things to note
- Tapping on the application icon from the panel opens the application window.
- The panel works just like the computer's task manager, though not showing system processes since they are required by your phone to function normally.
Closing Background Applications
Closing unused background applications saves your phone's resources including internet data. Check on the following instructions on how to close background applications on your iPhone 5.
Things to note
- Deleting an icon from the active application panel simply closes down the application. It will not uninstall applications.
- System applications cannot be stopped from the active applications panel.
May be applicable to other devices
This Howiki has been tried and tested on iPhone 5 alone. However, if your device is on the latest OS, this Howiki may also be applicable for iPhone 3, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch and iPad. If you have experiences successfully applying this Howiki on other iDevices, please share it to the comments section so others, too, may know.
Comments, Suggestions, Reactions
- Comments, suggestions and reactions are always welcomed in Howikis. This helps keep the article accurate and up to date with any changes in the current time.
- The comments section is free for everyone to use. You may use it to voice out opinions, ask questions, make clarifications, and make requests and suggestions.
- If you have any problems with any of these steps please post in the comments section below.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: h.archdekin, Maria Quinney, Melsan