Customize Favorites Tray on Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Eng, Lynn, Alma and 4 others
- 1 This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy Note3. You can visit the main reference of the article on how to Use Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for a full list of Note3 VisiHow Articles
- 2 Rearrange Icons on the Favorites Tray
- 3 Delete Icons on the Favorites Tray
- 4 Add Icons to the Favorites Tray
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 6 Comments
This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy Note3. You can visit the main reference of the article on how to Use Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for a full list of Note3 VisiHow Articles
The Favorites tray allows you to quickly access your favorite applications on the home screen of your Samsung Galaxy Note3. These are the lowest five icons on your home screen that remain on the screen, even if you move from one home screen to another. By default these are the five application icons in your favorite tray: Phone, Contacts, Messages, Internet and Apps.
Rearrange Icons on the Favorites Tray
To rearrange icons on the Favorites tray, follow these procedures:
- 2From the Home Screen, choose from the default five icons that you want to rearrange.
- 3Tap and hold on one icon then move it to any location among the five icons.
- 4Release the icon to save the new arrangement.
- 5Repeat until you have the five exactly where you want them.
- 6You are done rearranging icons on your Favorites tray.
Delete Icons on the Favorites Tray
To delete icons on the Favorites tray, do the procedures below:
- 2From the Home Screen, choose from the default five icons that you want to delete.
- 3Tap and hold on the desired icon until a trash can appears on the upper-right part of your Note3's screen.
- 5You are done deleting icons on your Favorites tray.
- Note: Deleting an icon on the Favorites tray does not uninstall the whole application. You can still open that application by going to the Apps list.
Add Icons to the Favorites Tray
To add icons on the Favorites tray, do the procedures below:
- 2From your home screen, tap on the "Apps" icon to view all the applications on your phone.
- 3Look for the application that you want to move into the Favorites tray.
- 6You are done adding icons to the Favorites tray.
- Note: The Favorites tray is only allowed up to five icons. If you want to put more items on it, put a group of items in a folder and then move the folder to the Favorites icon.
Questions and Answers
Nothing happens when holding the icon?
If nothing happens when you hold the preferred icon, follow these steps:
- Check if you did it correctly. The action needed is to tap and hold it for a few seconds. This means that you must touch the icon and hold your finger there without lifting it until a trash bin appears on the right part of your screen.
- Make sure that only a single finger is touching your screen. If other fingers are touching the screen, these multi-touches can disable the trash bin from showing up.
- Restart your phone. It's possible there's a glitch. If this is the case, restarting your device will fix it.
Ensure that you are tapping fully on the icon and holding. This should prompt the icon to be moved on the screen in your favorites tray. Press and hold securely on the icon and wait for your screen to vibrate to indicate that the icon is ready to be moved.
How to enable favorite tray in Samsung Note3?
I am using Samsung Note3 phone. I want to rearrange my favorite tray icons but somehow I'm not able to choose any icons when I tap and try to hold it on. Hence, I could neither rearrange nor delete them.
Since you are having some trouble moving or adding some icons in your favorites tray, before doing this, try to restart your phone first for sometimes there is a glitch that is causing trouble customizing your favorites tray icon.
- After a fresh restart, go to your home screen and push or tap the home button a couple of times to view the favorites tray icon and delete your desired icon to free some space for the icon you would like to add.
- After deleting some of the icon buttons in your favorite tray icons, you can simply add some by going to your applications icon or in the menu icon. Then tap and hold the icon you wish to be added to your favorite icon. You must tap and hold it and don't release it until you see the option to move that icon to the tray or it allows you to drag it. On some case you can try tap and hold it then drag it to the menu or to the bottom screen and add it to the favorite tray icon.
If you have followed the steps indicated above, it is possible that the current firmware is in the way of making you customize your favorites tray.
You can use any of the following to resolve the issue:
- Use another launcher (apex or nova).
- Root your phone and flash another systems` firmware.
Need to customize my favorite tray of Samsung Note2?
I need to change the favorite tray icons and add my own icons there, but I do not know how. While trying this, I accidentally deleted my favorite menu. So first help me restore my favorite menu, then help me customizing it....
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : How To Use Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Recent edits by: Nuance, Dougie, mirzars