Cure Warts the Natural Way
Edited by Melvin Magadia, Robbi, Graeme, Dougie and 1 other
A wart is a growth on the skin resembling a cauliflower (although much smaller in size) or a solid blister. Having warts on your body can be an embarrassing experience. Although there are many over the counter treatments being sold in the drug store, none of them seems to work as well as you might like. The good news is that there are natural wart remedies that can help freeze wart growth. They are not as expensive as the prescription medicines. Here are four of the most common natural remedies for warts.
- Depending on the size and location of the wart, cut a cotton ball in half or a third of it. The idea is to make sure that the wart will be covered by the cotton ball.
- Soak the cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and apply it on the wart. Seal the ointment with a medical tape or gauze before sleeping. Upon waking up in the morning, remove the cotton ball.
- This procedure should be done for several weeks until the wart falls off. Normally, you can see the difference in just a week.
- Fresh pineapples offer a quick way to treat warts. If the fresh variety is not available, canned pineapple will suffice. However, the latter will take much longer to treat warts than the former since there is not much acid.
- Apply the pineapple on the wart several times a day. Do this for several minutes. Let it dry by itself before applying duct tape.
- Remove the tape when you are ready to apply another piece of pineapple. Repeat the process several times a day. When the wart becomes black, it means it is dying. If this happens, cover it with a duct tape.
- Keep the warts dry so it will not spread easily to other parts of your body.
- Treat your warts at night when you are about to go to bed. This will keep you from removing the band-aid or duct tape.
- The more treatment, the greater chance that the warts will disappear sooner.
- Check with your doctor or health practitioner for other treatment options.
Categories : Skin Care & Diseases
Recent edits by: Dougie, Graeme, Robbi