Clear Cache, Cookies and History on Samsung Galaxy S3
Edited by Timbuktu, Charmed, angeline zuhura, Lynn and 24 others
If you need to erase your online history from your browser, or just speed it up, this is for you.
Do you want to clear your phone's history, cookies or cache? If your phone's browser is acting slower than usual, you probably do. Your browser's cache stores bits and pieces of info about the sites you've visited to help them load faster, but cached files also prevent updated versions of sites to display. Cookies and history leave a trail of where you've been, so if you want to speed up your browser and maintain your privacy, the best way to do it, is to clear the history, cookies, and cache. This article shows how to do that for the Samsung Galaxy S3 running Jelly Bean, Kitkat, Lollipop or Marshmallow.
- 1 Marshmallow
- 2 Lollipop
- 3 Jelly Bean/KitKat
- 4 Tips, Tricks and Warnings
- 5 Questions and Answers on Clearing the S3 History
- 5.1 I am trying to clear history and I opened the browser and it said there should be a menu button but I am not finding one?
- 5.2 How can I delete my S3 Skype history?
- 5.3 If I clear my cache does that affect my progress in the games I play? Ex: Candy Crush?
- 5.4 Battery will not charge... it has been from 12% to 17% and been charging for hours?
- 5.5 How do we begin to do this on our phone. we are old and have no clue?
- 6 Comments
- 3Touch the Menu button, located on the lower left corner of your device.
- 7Tap OK to clear the cache.A popup window will appear asking you if that's what you want to do.
- 8Tap "Clear history". When the popup window prompts you, tap"OK" to clear your entire browsing history.While still on the Privacy and Security screen.
- 9Tap, "OK" when the popup prompts you.On the Privacy and Security screen, tap "Clear All Cookie Data".
Tips, Tricks and Warnings
Questions and Answers on Clearing the S3 History
I have tried following numerous sites on how to clear history and none of them are working.
When you're in your internet app, just press the menu key on the bottom of your device itself -- not the bottom of your screen. From there, you will find the applicable options listed in the steps above.
How can I delete my S3 Skype history?
I want privacy on my phone. There are four Skype conversations I don't want anyone to see.
You can, in fact, remove your copy of a conversation from your phone. However, this will not remove the conversation from the other person's device.
- 1Open your Skype app.
- 2Under recent, find the conversation you want to delete.
- 3Tap and hold the conversation.
- 4Tap on Remove from recent.
If I clear my cache does that affect my progress in the games I play? Ex: Candy Crush?
No, clearing the browser's cache won't affect any of the progress you've made in any games on your phone. Clearing the internet cache will only affect the internet browser.
Battery will not charge... it has been from 12% to 17% and been charging for hours?
I tried the clear cache but got an error... what else can I try?
Clearing the cache shouldn't affect your battery life positively or negatively; if you have problems with your battery, you will need to get it checked out by a certified Samsung representative for a repair.
How do we begin to do this on our phone. we are old and have no clue?
We don't understand much on the computer. we need to clear the cookies on our Samsung phone
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Jay, Shelley, EmojiDee