Check train times and buy fares for the UK (England, Wales and Scotland)
Edited by Timbuktu, Maria Quinney, Charmed, Christine dela Cruz
Are you familiar with the train times, schedule and platforms in England, Wales and Scotland? If you are not then this article will help and guide you on how you can track train schedule, what platform, how much will it cost you and also a way for you to order ticket online. With this guide you can already plan your journey ahead.
To check train times and fares for England, Wales and Scotland you have to use the http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/
- If you travel a lot you may create an account from the National Rail site or you can just check as a visitor. Although it is best to create an account so you can always sign in and use this in the future.
- To create an account just click on 'Create Account' on the upper left side of the site as shown below:
- Then fill up all the necessary details and click on 'Register Now' button at the end of the registration form.
- Then you can just always sign in whenever you want to purchase or reserve a train ticket.
To check for the train times:
- Type in the train station when you will be coming from and to, then choose the date and time.
- For example, you will be coming from London St Pancras to Luton and you will leave on May 6, 2013 at 11:00 AM.
- If you want to buy a ticket for return as well, just tick on the 'Return' box and then click Go.
- This will then show you the train times and the rate, you can then select which schedule or rate you want to buy or if you are not buying and just checking you can just view from here what are the train times.
- If you have selected the one with returns, the returns schedule will show below when you scroll down on the site of the national rail.
- This is easy to search all you have to do is visit the website. If you are not at home, you can still visit the site while you are currently travelling and or walking using your mobile device, if your mobile has an internet, you may connect to a free wireless internet publicly and or you may also use the internet of your mobile.
Important Things to Remember When Traveling by Train in the UK
- 1If the indicated time is 2:04, the train will really leave at 2:04. If there is something that differentiates the UK from other countries, it is their efficiency and timeliness. Therefore, if you are intending to go to a certain location at a certain time, make sure you check the schedule carefully and be there exactly at that time. If you miss the train, you will have to wait for the next schedule. There's no way that you can catch up the previous train just because it was also late.Their schedule is very precise.