Check if a Samsung Charger or Cable Is Original
Edited by Train Wreck, Eng, VisiHow, umairullah and 2 others
This is a tutorial on how to tell if you are using the correct cable to charge your Samsung Galaxy phone. For those of you who own a Samsung Galaxy S 2, S3, S4, S5, S6, or S7, or any of the Samsung Tabs or Notes, you will have probably experienced difficulties at some point in charging or transferring data. In this tutorial, we will quickly go over an easy method to identify whether or not you are using the correct cable to connect your Samsung Galaxy smart phone to a computer or to a charger. If you need help connecting cables or installing Samsung apps for your device, make sure to visit our tutorials on those topics!
Check if Your Charger is Original
- 5Note that it is important to have the correct USB port charger, as many aftermarket chargers do not charge as quickly and can damage your phone.
Check if Your USB Cable is Original
- 2It should be easy to push in, and fit snugly, without wobbling or being loose. In the event it is loose, either the cable or the charging port has been damaged, or it is fake.When properly connected, the large USB end will smoothly slide into the charger.
- There are different types of Samsung Galaxy chargers. The newer and more powerful chargers are slightly larger as can be seen in the image below.
- These chargers typically ship with devices like the Samsung Galaxy Note2, or similar devices with large batteries.
- Note that both of these chargers are listed as travel adapters which can be seen in the upper-right side of each of the chargers.
- If connected to a low-quality USB cable, even an adaptive fast charger will not charge as quickly as it will with a good cable.
See other tutorials on Galaxy Tab S2: Download and Install ES File Explorer on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Insert Memory Card for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Remove Memory Card for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Move Apps from Memory Card to System Memory for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Move Apps from System Memory to Memory Card for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Move Images from Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 to SD Card, Move Images from SD Card to Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Unmount SD Card for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Mount SD Card for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Check Android Storage for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, and Encrypt SD Card on Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: farhana, umairullah, VisiHow