Change The Vibration Alert Settings on iPhone 5
Edited by Nate Pepperell, Lynn, Christine dela Cruz, Nuance and 1 other
The iPhone 5 comes equipped with a number of accessibility features that allow you to customize your settings. One of these features allows you to create custom vibration patterns when your phone rings or when you receive a notification. This article will show you how to change the vibration alert settings on your iPhone 5 so you can create your own custom vibration patterns.
Click the following link for more information on How To Use iPhone 5.
How To Change The Vibration Alert Settings And Create Your Own Custom Vibration Patterns On iPhone 5
Things to Note about the Vibration Alert Settings
- 1Phones are very useful, especially in cases of emergency, however etiquette remains to be important, no matter how informal a situation may be.
- 2In a meeting, your phone should be on silent mode, or turn it off. This is also what you should do at your child's recital, a theater production, at a movie, at the symphony, etc. Vibration alone makes a very disturbing sound and your phone may move across the desk, or light up a dark theater. In fact, it is even more disturbing than a regular ring tone. Therefore, you have to turn it off as well.If you are in a meeting, it's rude and unprofessional to receive messages during the meeting, even ones that cause your phone to vibrate.
- 3If you don't really need to set your phone on vibration, or you can see your phone anyway, just turn it off to save some of your battery life.If you set your phone on vibration, remember that it can consume a lot of your battery as well.
- 4If you anticipate that you will be in a very noisy place and you are expecting an important call or text, make sure that you set your ring tone to loud as well. Otherwise, your vibration alert may not serve you that well. Or, put it in a pocket where you'll "feel" the vibration, rather than hear it.If you are in a moving car or other modes of transportation, there are cases when even the vibration isn't noticed.
- 5If you want something that doesn't annoy you, you can choose the modes that do not involve very long vibrations.There are different modes of vibration that you can choose from.
Annoying Habits that People Do with their Vibration Alert
- 1Not only is this very distracting, this can be very uncomfortable to other people using the table as well.Putting the phone in the middle of the table while it is set on vibration alert.
- 2There is no need for vibration for almost all push notifications of apps, unless you have serious problem hearing ring tones or you don't always see your phone to see the notifications. Also, not all apps are urgent to be seen, so there is definitely no reason for vibration alerts for all of them.Setting vibration alerts for almost all functions of the phone.
- 3Some people try to avoid certain calls at certain period of time. While this is perfectly OK, especially when the reason for avoiding the call is valid, such as when you are in this middle of the meeting, you should keep in mind that it is rather impolite to let the vibration continue. Most cellphones have a silencing function. People need to use it accordingly. When you have seen the call or text, just turn off the vibration alert, whether or not you decide to take the call.Letting the vibration alert just continue, even if the owner of the device is aware of it.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Nuance, Christine dela Cruz, Lynn