Buy, Install and Play Minecraft on PC
Edited by Sean, Dougie-1, Eng, Grimm and 1 other
- 1 So You Want to Have Your Own Minecraft World?
- 2 Where Do You Begin With Minecraft?
- 3 How Do You Install Minecraft?
- 4 What Should You Play in Minecraft?
- 5 Final Remarks on Installing and Playing Minecraft
- 6 Resources
- 7 Questions and Answers
- 8 Comments
So You Want to Have Your Own Minecraft World?
The question is, how do you get your hands on it, and how do you play it?
There are many different versions of Minecraft out there, but this guide is going to focus on how you can get your hands on the desktop version. It is relatively simple, but unlike many desktop games these days Minecraft isn't on any easy to use or widely popular platforms like Steam or Origin.
Because of that, you're going to need to download Minecraft, install it, and then take your first steps into the hours of endless fun you're about to dive into. Read on for how to get started playing Minecraft on your desktop or laptop computer (works on Linux, Mac, and Windows).
Where Do You Begin With Minecraft?
- 1You can use any browser you want, like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.On your computer, open up the web browser.
- 2The site is Minecraft.net. You can also click the link if you prefer.Now type the Minecraft website into the search bar.
- 4Note that this has to be done with someone who is at least 13 years old.On the next page create a Mojang Account.
- 5You'll need a credit card or Paypal account for this, and someone who is at least 18 years old.Then you will be given the option to buy a copy of Minecraft.
- 7Then find the installer in your Downloads folder (which is usually the default folder for downloads).Click the download option for whichever type of computer (Linux, PC or Mac) you have.
How Do You Install Minecraft?
- 1First you need to make sure the Minecraft file you downloaded is in an empty folder.
- 3It may require your email instead of your username, depending on how your account was created, and it will tell you which to use as soon as you try to login.Next, enter the username and password that you registered when you made your account.
- 5This will automatically create a folder for Minecraft in whatever place you launched the Minecraft.exe from.Once you click play, Minecraft will start downloading and it will show you how long you have left.
What Should You Play in Minecraft?
Minecraft is a big game with a lot of different options. On the main screen you will have a few options right from the start.
- Most people go straight to single player first to get a feel for Minecraft
- The first thing you do is click single player. Then you create a new world, which is randomly generated for you and filled with content.
- You can modify this world's name at the very top, and you may change the game mode.
- The three game modes are Creative, Survival and Hardcore.
-Creative: If you want a worry free game where you can build whatever you want quickly and without any danger, then this is the game mode you want. You can fly, there are unlimited resources, and monsters don't bother you.
-Survival: This is the default game mode for most people. You search for resources, gather up things, fight monsters (or hide from them), eat food, and generally work hard to create your own world.
-Hardcore: Not for newcomers. This mode is the same as survival, but if you die you are permanently dead and your world will actually be deleted.
- The last option you have here is More World Options, which allows you to add cheats or mess with some of the normal parameters of your world. Don't mess with this on your first try. Learn the game first.
- Once you get through all of that, your single player world will be created and you will be thrown straight into it. Good luck.
- People absolutely love Minecraft for it's multi-player, so this may be the first thing you do, but it isn't as easy to start as single player.
- You have two options for playing multi-player:
- 1For instance, a server might be something like 220.127.116.11 (not a real address) or it could be something like wondonia.net. It all depends on how it was setup by the server owner. You have to find the address online on their website or wherever you heard about the server in the first place.Direct Connect - This has you directly using the IP address of the server you want to join.
- 2You still have to find their ip address, but now you can name the server so you can remember it, and the server list will show it with some extra information, like whether or not the server is even online.Add Server - This is a more permanent option that is basically the same as Direct Connect, except it will add the server to your list, so whenever you open up multi-player it will be there.
- Servers are usually shared between friends for personal multi-player games, but there are also some massive servers out there that use mods or specific modes. You can use something like MinecraftServers.org to see what a lot of these popular servers are, and what their ip addresses are.
What Is Minecraft Realms?
You might notice that there are three options on the main menu of Minecraft. The third one is called Minecraft Realms. This is not something you should not even think about the first time you are playing Minecraft, but it is a very useful tool for multi-player.
Setting up your own Minecraft server is pretty tough and Minecraft Realms makes it very simple, but at a price. These are servers that are hosted by Mojang, the creators of Minecraft, for $13 a month. They are stable, easy to use and you don't have to worry about any of the technical problems hosting your own server might cause. Head here to the official Minecraft Realms website to find out more.
Final Remarks on Installing and Playing Minecraft
- Minecraft is one of the biggest games out there with 17 million sales for the desktop versions alone, and that means the tools to install Minecraft are pretty easy to learn and use. The tools do most of the work for you, but it is still easy to get lost along the way.
- Make sure that you launch your Minecraft in its own folder for the first time, otherwise you may need files, like the save files for the worlds you created, and they will be hard to find among every other file in the original folder.
- If the desktop version is too complicated or challenging for you to deal with, then check out the console versions on Xbox 360 and PS3. They are easier to install and cost about the same, but they offer less flexibility and customization options.
- Minecraft is one of the best games around, so get out there and enjoy it. Feel free to ask any questions about this in the Questions section of this article.
- For details on anything Minecraft related, from items to versions, check out The Official Minecraft Wiki. .
Questions and Answers
How can I install it free in Minecraft PC?
Its really hard for me to do this. I have tried: Nothing yet, I feel sad OK
There is a free demo version of the game available at the Minecraft web site.
- 2Click "register for a Mojang account".
- 3Enter your email address under "Email address".
- 4Confirm your email address under "Repeat email address".
- 5Enter your password under "Password".
- 6Confirm your password under "Repeat your password".
- 7Enter your date of birth.
- 8Click "Create account".
- 9Check your email inbox and enter the passcode into "Verification Code" sent from the Minecraft web site.
- 10Instead, head over to https://minecraft.net/download.Now, do not buy the game.
- 11Click "Minecraft.msi" on the page and run it.
- 12Install the game.
- 13Start the Minecraft launcher.
- 14Log in using your newly created account.
- 15The demo version of the game will last five in-game days (100 real-life minutes).Click "Play Demo".
Categories : Gaming
Recent edits by: Grimm, Eng, Dougie-1