Ask Someone for a Date
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Charmed, Eng, Julia Moliere and 3 others
Of all sad words of might and pen, the saddest are these, "It might have been!".
These words are true when you miss an opportunity to tell someone how you feel. When you are too scared for rejection that you risk the chance of having a relationship with someone you like. A possible chance for relationship starts with a successful first date. A successful first date will start when someone asks the other person to go out together.
Asking someone for a date may not be as easy as it sounds. Sure, you can always go straight forward and ask the other person if he or she is interested to go on a date. However, you can put a higher chances of approval if you take time to put more effort on the "asking out" part by checking on the tips on this Howiki.
How to Ask a Girl Out for a Date
Asking a girl out may be one of the most common forms of asking for a date. However, it should be noted that it is not that as easy as that and that one should not rush things up.
Before Getting Closer with Her
It is always wiser to know where you stand on a girl's life. So it would be best to observe beforehand and read the signs that her body and gestures are showing. Knowing where you stand will give you an idea on the next steps that should be done.
- 1Take note on her reactions when she sees or meets you. Does she notices you every time you to meet? Does she smile on you? Do her eyes seem to sparkle whenever she sees you? If the answers are yes, then she may have interests on you. If the answer is no, do some steps so she will notice you like engaging on the same hobby as her, or read the same book as her. Try to have a common activity with her. This will spark an interest on you and may come in handy later on.Check on how interested is her to you.
- 2This will help you to get to know her better and both of you having something in common. This will also raise her interests on you as girls gets interested to boys who share the same interests as her.Know her likes and hobbies.
- 3Do not be too aggressive on trying to know her more. Make sure you maintain a distance so that she may not notice that you are making some moves. Also keeping your distance makes sure that she will not be intimidated by you as most girls get freaked out by boys who act like stalkers.Keep your distance.
Keep in Touch With Her
Once you know where you stand in her "I-like-you-meter" and knowing more things about her, this is the time when you tell keep in touch with her. This is the start of your relationship as acquaintances. These steps may help:
- 1There are a lot of different ways on how to introduce you. The easiest and most effective style is the "we-have-something-in-common-by-the-way-I'm-John". This will be a good opening line and will raise her interests to continue conversing with you.Do the first move by introducing yourself.
- 2Make yourself interesting for her. Tell her things that you know she'll like and have interest with. However, keep in mind that lying is a big no. Do not go to the point of lying just to raise her interests on you.Keep her interested with you.
- 3Make sure to greet her every time you meet. If you can spark a conversation, the better. However, a good greeting is enough to get both of you connected.Greet her.
Spilling the Big Question
Once you are done with knowing her and getting closer with her, it is now the right time to pop the question. Aside from the knowledge about her and your communication skills, checking on these steps may help you get an approval:
- 1You do not want to ask her out when a beloved relative has just died; you may be branded as an insensitive person. The right timing is when she is not overly sad nor overly happy and excited.Wait for the right timing.
- 2Since you already know her better, you should be able to know are the right words that are acceptable to her. Use the words that would give her an idea that your date would be great and interesting.Choose the right words.
- 3You are asking her for a first date, you are not proposing to her so keep all the flowers and sweet talks off. Going to that level may turn her off.Make it casual.
- 4Do not show her that you have hesitations be firm and confident that you would like to ask her on a date.Be confident.
- 5Though you need to be casual, you need to at least look presentable and clean. Make sure to do the daily cleaning routines and put on some light cologne so you smell fresh.Physically prepare.
- 6This is the right time. You have prepared for this and you have chosen the right words. You are confident enough since you have known her better.Ask her out.
- 7The answer that you are looking for would be "Yes". However, that will not be the case all the time. Be prepared for any answer. If she agrees on a date, do not get too overexcited. Thank her graciously and talk about the date. Do not spend an hour telling her how good of a person she is for agreeing for a date with you. If she rejects your date proposal, thank her and be cool. Do not show signs of anger or self-pity as it may bring negative impact on you. A rejection today may be an agreement tomorrow, so do not act like it's the end of the world.Be prepared for any answer.
- 8When she has rejected your date proposals more than once, it may be an indication that she is not interested with you, or she may be interested to someone else. Accept it and move on. There will always be girls who will agree to go on a date with you especially if they say how cool you handle such situations.Know when to stop.
How to Ask a Guy Out for a Date
Asking guys for a date may not be the typical type of someone asking out. However, it is not too uncommon nowadays you know of a girl asking someone for a date and didn't mind of it. For a girl, it may be difficult but knowing some tips can help one successfully ask a man for a date.
Before Getting Closer with Him
If there is this one guy that recently caught your attention and you would like to ask him out on a date, you need to observe first these following before doing any advancement:
- 1Check out his Facebook profile page and look for photos. Check if there is a girl who is constantly with him. Check his relationship status. This is a very important step since you do not want a relationship to be disturbed nor you do not want to be the source of a breakup. Also some guys (and girl too) can take advantage of the situation if they know you have interests in them.Make sure that he is single.
- 2Then check with yours. What are common among them? When you see the common likes, dislikes and hobbies you both have, you will now have an idea on how can you get closer to him.Get to know his hobbies and likes.
- 3Some men may get turned off when they notice that a certain woman is doing her moves on him. Some men will also take advantage of the situation.Do not get too flirty.
- 4Always keep in mind that your safety is always the most important things. Do not do things that may put your life or both of your lives in danger.Keep your guards up.
Keep in Touch With Him
Now that you are done with knowing the basics about him, it is now time that he knows the basics about you. Consider these tips and modify them to your situation:
- 1Since you already have an idea about his likes, let him know that you have them same interests. Either goes on a game that he always plays and joins in (if it can be played by both sexes). Once he learns that you both have the same interest he may start to notice you.Make him notice you.
- 2A good smile is contagious and has been proven to be a good conversation starter.Do not forget to give him a smile every time the two of you meet.
- 3You can either start the conversation with, "I noticed that you love painting. Actually I love it too but I'm not as good as you." That can kick start a long conversation and open a wide range for possibilities.Talk to him.
- 4By now, you should be friends or at least acquaintances. Do not push it too hard. Keep on the friend zone for a while. You are not in a hurry.Get close but not too close.
Spilling the Big Question
Now that you know him better and has been closer to him, you may now proceed to asking him out. These tips and advices may help you:
- 1Even though it is not new for a woman to ask a guy out, it would be better if you do it discretely and on the right time. You don't want to spill the beans too early so wait before all situations signal you to ask him out.Wait for the right timing.
- 2Do not get too flirty nor don't sound too liberated. Do not also ask him out too casually as if you were talking about your favorite hobbies. Do it in a girly and "genuinely you" manner.Choose the right words.
- 3Show to her that you are not hesitating to ask him on a date. Make her understand that you want to get to know him better. Look him in the eyes, do not look down.Be confident.
- 4Have a good night sleep. Use light cologne. Make yourself look presentable without looking too formal. Keep in mind; you are just asking him for a date, you are not yet going to a formal gown event.Physically prepare.
- 5This is the time that you have been waiting for. You have gone to all the trouble of getting to know him and get closer to him. Go ask him on a date and get to know about yourselves more.Ask him out.
- 6Though there is a low chance that he will reject your offer, you should always be ready when he refuses it. Be humble and let him know and feel that you understand. Don't show him that you were affected by his negative reply. The last thing that you want is him to go out with you out of pity.Be prepared for any answer.
- 7You may ask him out again on a later date. But successive rejections should be a hint that he is not interested with you. Accept the fact and move one. Instead of being sad and sorry for yourself, you should instead be happy and thankful that he did not took advantage of the situation.Know when to stop.
- These are only generic advices and approaches may be different with your situation. Just adjust and apply the main thoughts in this Howiki.
- If you have questions, suggestions or reactions you may do it on the comment box.
Categories : Dating
Recent edits by: Visihow Admin, Doug Collins, Julia Moliere