Adjust Volume and Switch to Silent Mode the Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Lynn, Eng, Ephraim and 9 others
- 1 This is part of the Howik on how to use the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. You can visit the main reference of the article on how to Use Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for a full list of Note 3 Howik Articles
- 2 Adjust the volume level of Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- 3 Switching to Silent Mode on Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- 4 Questions and Answers
- 4.1 Trying to find out how to quick mute incoming ringing by flipping the phone
- 4.2 My volume on apps will stay on after I have muted phone, is that normal?
- 4.3 Galaxy note 3 seems to change from "mute-vibrate-sound" without my input. can't keep it locked in one position keeps changing when handling the phone without touching any of the buttons?
- 5 Comments
This is part of the Howik on how to use the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. You can visit the main reference of the article on how to Use Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for a full list of Note 3 Howik Articles
You can use the volume buttons to adjust volume levels on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3. This article will discuss how to adjust your volume and switch your device to silent mode.
Adjust the volume level of Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- 1Press the volume up button once to adjust the volume one level higher.
- 2You can press on it more to further increase the volume.
- 3Press the volume down button once to adjust the volume one level lower.
- 4You can press on it more to further decrease the volume.
Switching to Silent Mode on Samsung Galaxy Note 3
You can try any of these steps to switch your Samsung Note 3 to silent mode.
- 1From the options, tap on "Mute" to switch it to silent mode or "Vibrate" to switch it to silent and vibrate.Press and hold the power button for a few seconds until the device options will show.
- 2Press and hold volume down until the volume goes to the lowest level, and your device will switch to Silent mode.
- 3You can also slide down the notification panel and tap on the "Sound button" to switch your device into silent mode.
Questions and Answers
Trying to find out how to quick mute incoming ringing by flipping the phone
Trying to find out how to quick mute incoming ringing ( by turning phone over like S2) which stops the ringing sound but does not end the incoming call. Any suggestions.
First you are going to need to go to your settings and turn on the motion sensors on your device before this will be available to be performed. Once you visit settings>>>Motion and Gestures menu you can search here and turn on all of your options.
My volume on apps will stay on after I have muted phone, is that normal?
App has button sound when I have put phone on mute. How do I make the phone have all sound silenced?
You can do this by visiting your settings>>>sounds>>>volume>>>and in here you can in fact turn down the volume individually on your device from the apps, notifications or phone.
See above, explained in detail
Hardware issue on your device that I have seen from someone having a device that had suffered from water damage. You need to take your device to a service center in order to get help with your situation.
Recent edits by: Nuance, todd, spell mooon