Add Second Gmail Account to Android
Edited by Jay
Nearly all Android users have at least one Gmail account. When setting up a new or used device, users are required to add a Google account for both security and personalization purposes. There are a significant number of people who have multiple Gmail addresses; perhaps for work, personal, school, etc. If you're one of these people, and you actively used more than one Gmail account, it only makes sense to add it (or them) to your primary mobile phone or tablet. There's no reason to have to sign in to computer or laptop to check those work emails when you can use your device.
In the following VisiHow tutorial, we'll go through the steps of adding a second Gmail account to your Android-powered device. For this guide, we used a Google Pixel running Android 8.1.0.
Add Another Gmail Account on Android
- 7From this screen you can; add your number, view more options, or skip to the next step.On the following screen you'll be given the option to add your phone number.
- 8Read through each one (if you didn't add your number or tap skip in the previous step), tap the radio button next to the options that best suit your preferences, then tap "DONE".On the MORE OPTIONS screen you're given a few different options to choose.
Switching Between Different Gmail Accounts
Confirm New Sign in
Whenever you add another Gmail account to your device, you'll receive a security alert email from Google. This is standard, and you'll only see this email once.
- 6If everything looks good, tap "YES" under Do you recognize this activity?.Here on the Review device screen, check to ensure that the device and location are correct (they should be if all the previous steps were followed correctly).
Tips, Tricks, and Warnings
- When using multiple Gmail accounts, always be sure you double check that the right email address is selected before composing and sending out a message.
- If you decide not to add your phone number, you can still do it anytime via the Users & accounts section from the Settings app. You can also add your phone number through Settings inside Gmail.
Questions and Answers
Trying to add 2nd Gmail account to resolve amazon account issues?
On Step 5 in adding 2nd Gmail account I keep getting a couldn't find your Google account error message. I have tried changing new address with same results. So I am thing that it is not that the email is already spoken for. I can't provide password to open current Gmail and am having no luck recovering.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.