Write an E-Mail for a Meeting Invitation
Edited by Olivia, Robbi, Eng, Maria Quinney and 23 others
Since the advent of electronic communications, many business offices have adopted email as a means of communication due to its efficient and fast delivery. It is rare in most places of business to see the once prominent printed memos delivered throughout the office. Most workplaces now find e-mail so effective that everything is managed electronically, including appointments, inter-office memorandums, and meetings.
Given most workplaces reliance on e-mail, it can be surprising to receive a bad one or an email so confusing the message is unclear. But it happens. A lot. And the idea of writing an email meeting invitation can be a bit daunting. Once you get the hang of writing an invitation it can actually be pretty formulaic. This article will show you how.
- 1 Email Etiquette
- 2 How to Write an Email Meeting Invitation
- 3 Tips, Tricks & Warnings
4 Questions and Answers
- 4.1 Electronic business meeting invite?
- 4.2 Write email for educational meeting invitation?
- 4.3 I need to invite persons I don't know for a business meeting?
- 4.4 I'm working as a receptionist / PA and I want to have business communication skills on writing emails and meetings?
- 4.5 I have sent out more than 40 email requests to various courts in which we requested a possible meeting about using our program. All of these prospects stopped by our booth, it has been 4 days and we have received 2 positive responses. I want to follow up by phone calls with the balance, I am looking for a short positive questions to get confirmation dates without being to aggressive
- 4.6 How can I ask a person about the particular technology market Endpoint Security?
- 4.7 How to make our supplier easily understand my point?
- 4.8 My manager going to discuss with our employees in every week?
- 4.9 We would like to invite a college marketing manager to our office?
- 4.10 Hi I am very weak in writing business english, please help me?
- 5 Comments
You cannot treat your professional email the same as your personal email. It should be strictly for business purposes only. It should not contain office gossip, jokes or rants or anything that is personal. Email in the office is used mainly for memos, information dissemination within the office and other communication pertaining to your work. There are three rules that you should consider in email culture:
- 2Keep it short. Keep in mind that in the office, you are not the only one sending a message to the recipient. Going through an Inbox that contains many emails will consume substantial time in responding to them. By keeping your message concise and simple, you will get the answer you require faster. Emails with long messages are often archived to review later, especially when the recipient is busy. So if you need an answer right away, try asking personally first. If that isn't possible, write a short email.Advertisement
- 3Always start your email with a salutation (Good Morning) and always end it with a closing, even if you have a signature. Something as simple as 'Have a great weekend!' or 'I look forward to hearing from you.'
How to Write an Email Meeting Invitation
There are many available templates online that you can use to write the meeting invitation. However, below are simple instructions and ideas that will help you write a successful email invitation with a clear message.
- 1Start with the W's. Take note of the "what", "where", and "when" of the meeting.Advertisement
- Start with the reason for the invitation. The reason might be social or a business meeting, a meeting outside the office, a meeting about your sales report. Your email should start by outlining the event the email is inviting the reader to. This should be a brief summary of the event that includes clear and concise information.
- Include where and when the meeting will be held. If you have the details of the duration of the meeting, include those as well, so that the recipient can schedule other appointments before or after. Mention if any food or refreshments will be served at the meeting.
- Determine if there is a "how" factor in your email invitation. This factor pertains to meetings that are held at restaurants or any out-of-the-office locations. Include a map if the place is some distance from the office's location. If there is a service transport that will fetch the meeting attendees, state the pick-up and drop-off points, as well as the times. This will help the attendees schedule their time so that they are waiting at the pick-up point when the service vehicle arrives.
- 2Include action items. These are items your reader needs to do before, during or after the event. You can bullet these. Do not list them as if it is an order, instead, introduce the action items by writing:
- The attendees are excited to hear that you will be attending and look forward to seeing your numbers from the last quarter. Please ensure you bring these numbers with you to the meeting.
- Kim, do you mind bringing the office flipchart into the conference room before the meeting?
- Tom has agreed to take meeting minutes during the meeting and will send them out afterward.
- 4Include instructions on how you would like readers to respond.
- If you can't attend, please email me before Tuesday.
- If you are able to attend, please tell Kim before Tuesday.
- 5End the email by leaving an open ended invitation for feedback.
- "I think that's everything. If there is anything I am missing please write me back before Tuesday."
- "If you have any additional information or comments please email me before Tuesday.
- 6Always end with a cordial closing:
- Thanks, everyone! See you Tuesday!
- 7Proofread, spellcheck and edit your email before sending with careful consideration for the meeting time and location.
Tips, Tricks & Warnings
- If there will be a special guest in attendance, include the person's name and a short description about them in the email.
- Before sending the invitations, make sure that all intended guests are on your list, and all the important details of the meeting are included.
- If the meeting time, date or place changes, notify all guests immediately and request a response to ensure that no one misses the meeting or shows up at the wrong place or time.
Questions and Answers
Electronic business meeting invite?
You can use MS Outlook or any other email program that is linked to a calendar (like Gmail). You can just type in the details of the meeting and then the exact date and time. Send this information to the email address of the people you would like to invite. When they receive that email, it will appear as a calendar entry. If they accept, it will automatically get entered into their calendar so they won't forget about it. From your end, you will also see which one of your recipients accepted or declined, so you will know in advance who is attending.
See more questions like this: I want a meeting with our Vice President
Write email for educational meeting invitation?
You can use this format:
SUBJECT: Invitation to educational meeting
Dear Mr. Edmond Freedom,
We at San Joaquin are excited to be hosting this year's educational meeting, and I am excited to be able to formally invite you to the meeting we've termed "Dream Big 2014 " at the Morales Gymnasium, San Joaquin High School on June 5, 2014, 2:00pm.
We have a stimulating day planned. We will be discussing the future of 2014 for our high school students.
If you could please email me your attendance status that would be wondering. We are looking forward to seeing you there. If there is anything you will need or have any questions, please don't hesitate to let me know.
Ella Redmon See more questions like this: Email subject for inviting someone for a job
I need to invite persons I don't know for a business meeting?
For a prospective action, I'd like to invite people I never met for a business meeting.
When drafting an invitation letter for a business meeting, it is important to be formal yet conversational in tone. Make sure that your email is concise, accurate, and engaging enough to convince a person to meet you for business purposes. Make sure that your email is free from spelling or grammatical errors, especially with their full names, designation, and company. The data must be exact as well. Indicate the date, time, and location of your business meeting. You should also indicate the dress code.
Always extend your gratitude and anticipation to meet the person for business. Don't tailor-fit your email to the generic invitation letters you get from anywhere. It must be very personal yet structured enough to mean business while gaining the approval and capturing the interest of prospective clients or business partners.
I'm working as a receptionist / PA and I want to have business communication skills on writing emails and meetings?
I want to know how to write a professional meeting invitation on Outlook.
In addition to the tips from the article on this page, write the email as if you are composing a letter. Make sure it includes:
I have sent out more than 40 email requests to various courts in which we requested a possible meeting about using our program. All of these prospects stopped by our booth, it has been 4 days and we have received 2 positive responses. I want to follow up by phone calls with the balance, I am looking for a short positive questions to get confirmation dates without being to aggressive
Is this too early? How to avoid being too pushy in my response
You always want to respond to interest within the first week after the initial contact. When you are on the phone with a prospective client, ask what their needs are and then request a meeting so that you can show them how your company can provide solutions. If they seem hesitant on a meeting then ask if you can email them your ideas. Try to always leave the "door" open.
See more questions like this: We are visiting Australia to attend some event, can you please suggest the best way to email prospects to meet us
How can I ask a person about the particular technology market Endpoint Security?
I am working on a Global market research report..So I need a text format about how can I ask them about Endpoint Security - Key Developments (Drivers, Challenges, Opportunities), Endpoint Security market size & forecasts across, End User Market, Segmentation across geographies, Types of Endpoint Security, Technologies & Applications, and Endpoint Security Upcoming Trends
First, can you find out some of this online? Or ask them for a copy of the report forecast from the previous year? If not, create a Google Doc/Spreadsheet and email it to them. Keep in mind that you are asking for the information for free and that many companies do not feel comfortable sharing intel with another company/person who is not an employee.
How to make our supplier easily understand my point?
I'm going to hold a meeting to discuss the new system form because when we have a material request, they always fail to deliver it on time. So, we tried to order from another supplier which is from Korea to Qatar but they delivered it on time. What I want to know from that supplier, is what system they have, and why they cannot deliver on time.
Tell them that you tested with another supplier and received the items on time. That is all you need to say. It is not your job to correct their delivery system but you should make it clear that you are considering other suppliers who can deliver on time.
My manager going to discuss with our employees in every week?
Manager is going to discuss with every employee each week on Thursday regarding any issue in a department. He asked me to draft email in a professional way
You can follow our template written below.
Dear [Manager's Name]:
Our company has been leading the market by providing outstanding services to our clients throughout the globe ["across the country" or "in the city"], which require our unyielding and assiduous approach to every minute that occurs both outside and inside the company. For the standard of our services to grow, we ought to urge every coworker to discuss any trivial or major detail that might concern him. The meetings will be held every Thursday at [time] in [the office number or name]. Please approach this request earnestly and compile any requests, suggestions, or complaints for the next personal meeting, as your opinion matters for success and improvement of the whole company.
We would like to invite a college marketing manager to our office?
We are an education agent working with different colleges and Universities. When we need a new college partnership agreement then we invite their marketing manager. Note that we have email format already but this college is quite special.
If your email template works with other colleges, it will be sufficient for this college that you are trying to recruit. Keep it professional without fawning in the email. Follow up over the phone on the sent email after one week if you do not have a reply from them.
Hi I am very weak in writing business english, please help me?
Hi I am very weak in writing business english, please help me to work on this
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Communications & Education
Recent edits by: samorim, Alma, Sarah Maloney