Win Back Your Ex
Edited by Nerissa Avisado, Lynn
You found the perfect man and he's everything you've always dreamed of. You hit it off perfectly from the start and you've been inseparable since then. However, days and weeks and months passed by and boredom set in. You felt you needed a little time to think things through and asked for some time apart. Then one day you see him with someone new, happy and very much in love. Suddenly all the old feelings come rushing in and you made a vow to yourself: You're going to win back your ex.
Win back your ex
- 1Do a reality check.
- 2Figure out how the two of you fell in love in the first place.
- 3Take it slow.
- 4See if he still has feelings for you.
- 5Listen intently to what he has to say.
- 6Don't pressure him into anything.
- Assure him that you'll be around anytime he wants to talk to you again. Don't get carried away by the end of the night; if he makes the first move and kisses you goodnight, that's fine.
- Don't make the first move by doing things he's not comfortable with. Remember, he already has a new girlfriend.
- You don't want to start anything with him until he has completely broken off with the other girl.
- 8Keep yourself productive.
Now, say all these things actually work, and he actually comes back and decides your relationship deserves a second chance. What do you do? Don't blow it! Getting him back may be hard, but keeping him takes twice the amount of effort you need to put in. Here are some things you can do to ensure the two of you will stick together (like glue!).
Tips on how to keep your guy happy and insanely mad about you:
- Keep your word. Once bitten, twice shy. All those promises you made over coffee? Make sure you're ready to back them up. Do it. Prove to him you are really serious about fixing things and changing things for the better.
- Learn to compromise. It can't always be about you or him. Sure, you have your differences and you can't expect to agree on everything all the time, but you can choose to live harmoniously. Learn to be tolerant of each other's shortcomings, and if some things are negligible, don't bother bringing them up anymore - not if it will only cause irritation and spark arguments between the two of you.
- Don't be too possessive. There's no point keeping him on a leash, because if he really wants to do something stupid, he will. Besides, what's the point of getting back together if you don't trust each other? If he truly loves you, he'll know how to keep himself out of trouble.
- Be his best friend. At the end of the day, be the one he wants to share his thoughts and emotions with. If he just wants to be quiet despite things he's going through, then just be there for him. Sometimes, you don't need to say a thing to make your man feel better - a simple touch, a smile, can work magic for his ego and well-being.
So there you go. Hopefully these tips can help you win back your ex, but most importantly, learn how to keep him for good. Good luck!
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: Nerissa Avisado