What Makes a Man Want to Marry a Woman
Edited by Donna, Maria Quinney, Eng
What Makes A Man Realize He Wants to Marry You?
Many women wonder what it is that makes a man suddenly decide to commit to a woman and pop the big question. Some of the answers as to what triggers the epiphany in a man's mind that he has "found the one" might seem surprising and the others on the list below might not be.
There is no doubt that deciding on a life partner can be a complex decision that involves many factors, but here are some of the many reasons why a man may suddenly realize that he wants to marry you:
- 1He may want to have a baby with you. One of the main reasons that a man proposes to any woman is because he thinks it is time to have a family. In this case, he might feel that he has found "the one" who should bear his children or he may be feeling pressure from family members to settle down and have a child.Advertisement
- 2Being very attracted to you physically and having a great sexual chemistry is a huge part of realizing he wants to propose, especially at the beginning of the relationship. Men tend to pop the question at the height of their attraction for the woman, and most do so within a year of knowing her if it is going to happen at all. The dopamine and other brain chemicals that can be created by the brains of two people in love can be so pleasurable that he might even feel addicted to you. If that is the case, he may feel suddenly inspired to pop the question. However, if he is an adult with a mature adult, he is also going to realize that this type of infatuation between two lovers soon wears off and there has to be more to the relationship than just sex.Advertisement
- 3A man who proposes might love how affectionate you are with him. Although sex is important, he wants to be with someone who cuddles with him and understands that sometimes he wants affection without having to perform sexually.
- 4He may love how compatible you are with him. If you love the same movies, books and food, and love of the same hobbies and recreational activities then you might be destined to have a very happy marriage. Men choose women who like the same things that they do because they do not want to debate every decision that they make in life with you. If the two of you are not compatible, you can end up debating every single issue from what to eat for dinner, to how to hang the toilet paper roll to how many children you should have, as you get older.
- 5He might like the fact that you look a bit like him. Many men want a companion that is actually a female version of themselves, and if you look like his twin he might be more inclined to pop the question. This is a primal preference based on the fact that most men subconsciously or even consciously want to have children that look like them. If you want to subconsciously prompt him, try dressing a little more like him and dye your hair so it is a similar color to his.
- 6He might choose you to be his partner because he thinks you keep a clean house. Even though it may not seem fair, many men want to marry women who can nurture and take care of them just as their moms did. Being tidy and well organized when he is around might convince him that you are, indeed, the one.
- 7He might propose to you if he finds you to be someone comfortable to sleep with. This is especially true if he is on a tight schedule and needs lots of sleep. The ability to relax with you and fall asleep in your arms and not be bothered by sweating, kicking off the covers or snoring might have a lot to do with his decision to marry you.
- 8He has sat down, thought about it and can visually picture him growing old with you. A man wants to marry a woman that he can envision himself holding hands with on a park bench when he is eighty. He wants a companion and a partner that will be with him for life.
- 9He may have considered your health, the condition of your teeth and if you will age in an attractive way. It sounds very shallow but it is very primal and quite ordinary for human beings, who are just mammals, to want a partner who will stay healthy and live a long time. Partners who have health problems tend to complain a lot and are not great to travel with. A partner who is chronically ill may become expensive down the line.
- 10He may like the fact that you look as good without your makeup as you do all made up. If you look drastically different from your day persona to your night persona, he might start wondering who exactly he is in love with.
- 11He may like the fact that you are a non-smoker. People who smoke tobacco or recreational drugs because they do not realize how strong they smell nowadays turn off many men. He may not appreciate the smell of nicotine on his clothes, in his hair or in his bed.
- 12He loves the fact that you have an amazing sense of humor. Most people want to go through life with someone who is good-natured and who can make light of things when bad things happen to good people.
- 13He might want to marry you because he sees that you have accepted all of his flaws and that you are accepting them unconditionally. He might be bald, drink or not that well off, but there you are, still devoted to him and loving him with all of your heart. In this case, the man might simply come to the realization that there will be nobody else in the world that will be as devoted to him as you are.
- 14He cannot picture a life without you. Whenever he tries to see himself alone, he just cannot tolerate the idea of not having you around to share all of his life moments and have a conversation with at the end of the day. This may compel him to ask for your hand in marriage before somebody else does.
- 15He knows that you have a rival who is also asking for your hand. Men are competitive and territorial creatures and if they see that other men want you too, this raises your value in their eyes
- 16He may love the fact that you give him space and let him be. If you are too possessive, territorial or if you nag him, he is not going to want to spend much time with you. Men do not tend to marry jealous, controlling or insulting women who want to change them.
- 17He might want to marry you because you are wealthy or stand to inherit money. This is an age-old reason for men wearing women because it can mean leading a comfortable lifestyle as well as enjoying a better lifestyle.
- 18He might feel that you are a real team player and help him achieve his goals in life. This is especially true of the man who dreams of some day opening a business with you. Many men nowadays are looking more for a partner in life, rather than a woman who plays a more servile role.
- 19He might be looking for a wife who is an excellent cook and a great hostess. Many men really love a woman who can make him a wonderful meal, whether it is a gourmet meal or a simple snack. Many of the believe that good cooks also make great lovers. He may also desire your cooking skills so he can impress his friends and business colleagues by having them over to dinner.
- 20He might appreciate the fact that you have excellent taste. Many men do not consider style and decor as a function of daily life. For them, their high school bedroom posters of their favorite sports team or music artist are good enough for their living room as an adult. They might simply lovely the way you can create a comfortable, homey environment for them.
- 21He might consider you to be a unique and rare find, which would be a bit of a trophy wife. This is especially true if you are a celebrity or famous in your chosen field of work. Some men very much want to be with a woman who they are proud to be seen with. In this case, your looks do not matter as much as the fact that you are famous.
- 22He may consider your intelligence and sense of morality to be a guiding force in his life. This is particularly true of the man who had a bad childhood with very little moral guidance. He might want to marry you because he truly believes that your participation in his life makes him a better man.
Tips and Tricks
- Although sex can play a great part in a relationship, it rarely lasts forever, so do not count out sexual chemistry to keep you together
- If you have the approval of his parents and his best friend, he is more likely to pop the question
- If you are not a single mom, he is more likely to pop the question as most men do not relish raising another man's children or dealing with your ex
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: Maria Quinney, Donna