We Can Be Happy Imitating Jesus As He Shows Us the Way
Edited by Debbie, Charmed, Eng, Alma and 2 others
Jesus was happy to come to the earth and make his Father's name known, his purposes, and his qualities. Jesus imitated his Father through everything he did. He loved his Father so much that he willingly obeyed him to the point of death.(Philippians 2:7-8)
- 1Jesus Loved People. His love was so great, he gave his life for all of humankind. (John 15:13) Because we are sinners, his Father lovingly provided a solution to our problems. He allowed his Son, to suffer and die to give a ransom needed to deliver humans from slavery to imperfection and death.(Romans 5:6-8)Advertisement
- 2Jesus Knew That He Had His father's Love and Approval. (Matthew 3:17) Knowing that he had his Father's love, approval, and his backing, he faced opposition and persecution with confidence. He maintained balance and stayed emotionally stable even in the face of death. We can learn much from him when we face obstacles in our life, and how we can imitate the way he handled them. Walking as Jesus walked means living our entire way of life after his example and teachings.Advertisement
We will gain God's approval and be happy. Matthew 5:3
- 1How the principle contributes to a meaningful like. Jesus said that humans have an innate spiritual need. We want to know the questions to answers such as, why are we here? Why is there so suffering? Does God care about us? Is there life after death? Don't we need to know the answers to these questions to have a happy life that has true meaning? There is only one reliable guide we can find those answers to, and it is God's word. Jesus said that his Father's word was truth. (John 17:17) Can his word really help us to satisfy our spiritual need?
- 2Real life example. Esa was a singer in a rock band, and was on his way to rockstardom. Even with all of that going on, he felt like something was missing.He longed for greater meaning in his life. One day, Esa met some Jehovah's Witnesses. He said he had bombarded them with many questions that he had, getting scriptural answers from the bible, and eventually he had a bible study to learn more. He was always drifting in and out of problems, but now he had a real purpose in life.
Happy are the merciful. Matthew 5:7
- 1How the principle contributes to a meaningful life. Mercy is trying to show compassion to others, being considerate and kind towards them. He helped those who were in need, and assisted those who were suffering.(Matthew 14:14) When we imitate Jesus by showing mercy, we add meaning to our life and are happy as a result. We would want to show kindness and be merciful towards others too.
- 2Real life example. Maria and her husband, Carlos, are examples of showing mercy to others. Maria's father lost his wife, and over the years has become bedridden. Maria and Carlos decided to take him into their home and are caring for his needs. They have nights that they cannot sleep rushing him to the hospital when he has a diabetic problem. They said this can get very tiring at times. But they are happy knowing that they are giving her father the care that he needs.
Happy are the peaceable Matthew 5:9
- 1How the principle contributes to a meaningful life. To be peaceable, means to be a "peacemaker". How would that make life more meaningful? Because we can enjoy better relationships with people around us. (Romans 12:18)
- 2Real life example. Consider the experience of a woman by the name of Nair. Over the years she has faced many pressures that have tested her ability to keep peace within her family. Her husband had left her 15 years ago, and she has been bringing her children up on all her own. One of her sons had a terrible drug problem and was hard to control. He threatened her and her daughter. Nair believes that was she has learned from the bible has helped give her the strength to be a peaceable person, even under the most trying circumstances. She tries her best not to argue or fight about things. She tries to be kind and understanding toward others, and sympathetic.(Ephesians 4:31-32) She is convinced by reading and applying what the bible says has helped her to have the best possible relationships with family members and others.
TAKING THE FUTURE INTO ACCOUNT
If we follow and imitate Jesus, we will find happiness and contentment in life. To have meaning in our life, we also need to know what the future holds for us. How meaningful would it be if all we know is that we will eventually get old, get sick, and die? But there is good news! Our Creator has many blessings in store for those who love him and do their best to imitate his Son, Jesus Christ. He promises he will soon bring about a righteous new world, where faithful humans will live forever in perfect health. He will take away every tear from our eye, death will be a thing of the past, and there will be no more pain! (Revelation 21: 3-4)
Categories : Christianity
Recent edits by: Rob, Alma, Eng