Watch Netflix on TV Using a Streaming Internet Player
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Lynn, Eng, Netflix Customer and 1 other
Netflix has been the "go-to" site when one talks about movie rentals for a while now. With the internet's growth, Netflix has decided to grow with it and has offered a more convenient way for users to watch their videos -- through Internet video streaming. This VisiHow will discuss on how to use a streaming internet player to watch Netflix directly from your TV.
What is a streaming internet player?
Streaming internet player is a device that allows you to watch TV shows, movies, and internet streaming videos, and also stream music from Pandora, using the internet. Some of the most known common devices are:
How to use a streaming internet player to watch Netflix on TV
- 1Get any of the devices mentioned above.
- 2Turn on your streaming player and your TV.
- 3Connect both devices, using any of the following ways:
- HDMI cable. If your TV supports HD viewing, connecting through HDMI cable is the best way to ensure great video resolutions.
- Standard audio/video cable. This is the second option, for when connection through an HDMI cable is not possible. Simply match a colored cable with a similar colored port at the back of your TV.
- 4After you turn on your streaming player, it will automatically guide you into a step-by-step set-up to establish internet connection from any of these sources:Connect to the internet.
- WiFi connection. Your streaming player automatically scans for available WiFi signals. You can also manually input your WiFi SSID and password if the device does not auto detect.
- Use an Ethernet cable. If you do not have a WiFi connection, you can connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the port at the back of your streaming player and connect the other end of the cable to an available Ethernet port on your internet router.
- Whenever possible, always use HD for great streaming quality.
- Streaming requires a fast and stable internet connection. An unlimited plan is also preferred, as streaming videos requires a huge amount of internet data.
- Always check for updates for your streaming players. Constantly updating your device to the latest version allows you to maximize your use of the device.
Questions and Answers
Will Netflix send me the streaming box?
I need help to install Netflix on my HD TV.
Unfortunately, Netflix does not manufacture any streaming boxes. Because of this, Netflix will not send you a streaming internet player box when you sign up for service. You will need to purchase one yourself unless your TV is a Smart one; in that case, Netflix should already be installed and you can navigate through your list of applications to find it. If you don't have a Smart TV, you can look through the following list of streaming internet player boxes and decide which one is right for you. These all have Netflix applications:
- Apple TV
- Roku series
- NETGEAR NeoBox series
- Google Chromecast (if you have an Android or iOS phone or tablet, or a Mac, Windows, or Chromecast PC)